Linux strange behavior when launching external applications over xbmc
Hi,

hope someone can help me with this one.

I have latest gotham re-release up an running on ubuntu 14.04 server. now when trying to launch retroarch or any other emulator I am unable to use the joypad / controller. when starting manually over command line everything works fine. does not matter if launching over advanced launcher or rom collection browser - same behavior.
What does xbmc do when launching external apps? Is it using a differend user space?

regards
sa1x
Have you tried rom collection browsers 'solo mode'? It quits xbmc before launching the emulator and restarts it afterwards.
yeah if I use solo mode nothing happens. xbmc keeps running an nothing is starting.
Did you make the applaunch.sh script file executable?
well now it does something. installation comes from official repo so it didn't occur to me that there are missing permissions.
but still, it only closes xbmc and opens it again. nothing else.

added the joypad to xbmc now, it works somewhat within xbmc but still refuses to work when launiching retroarch or any emulator from xbmc.
(2014-07-07, 00:56)sa1x Wrote: well now it does something. installation comes from official repo so it didn't occur to me that there are missing permissions.
but still, it only closes xbmc and opens it again. nothing else.

added the joypad to xbmc now, it works somewhat within xbmc but still refuses to work when launiching retroarch or any emulator from xbmc.
Have you setup your joypad into retroarch and any other emulator settings? Is so, does the config files of retroarch and emulators are correctly started from XBMC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
strange behavior when launching external applications over xbmc0