Android Can't write to SDcard on Kitkat
Is anyone else having an issue writing to SD card on Kitkat?
I recently updated my Lenovo B8000 (Yoga tablet 10) to kitkat and since then, XBMC fails at any write operation to SD card - make directory, copy, delete.
Looking through the logs, there's no details regarding the error, just:
Code:
14:52:31 T:1644740128   ERROR: static bool XFILE::CDirectory::Create(const CStdString&) - Error creating /storage/sdcard1/Video/hown
That's a security measure by Google since kitkat.
You have to be rooted to do that.

If you want to make/delete a directory than you must connect the tablet or sd-card to the PC.
Be rooted to write on the sdcard? Bullshit Wink
I'm also fairly sure that copying a single file failed as well, though I haven't looked at the logs.

Any idea how to fix this, or check that this is a problem with the ROM? I've tried saving a photo to the SDcard in the built-in camera app, no issues there...
Please show the result of:
Code:
adb shell mount
adb shell ls -l /mnt
adb shell ls -l /storage
(2014-07-07, 08:45)Koying Wrote: Be rooted to write on the sdcard? Bullshit Wink
Shut the f..k up if you don't know what you are talking about.
As from KitKat the system ( external sd card ) is read/write protected. You can make a new directory but you'll not be able to transfer files from the phone to the sd card or delete them with a file manager. Only when connected to the PC.
To achieve that you must be rooted and a module must be installed alongside the root so that the changes will stick. With only root and without the module the permissions will revert on boot.
Oh, right you are.
So ridiculous from Google...
Google can't be serious o.O
(2014-07-07, 06:53)hija Wrote: That's a security measure by Google since kitkat.
You have to be rooted to do that.

If you want to make/delete a directory than you must connect the tablet or sd-card to the PC.
I have called Samsung and they have said there is an update from 4.4.2 to 4.4.3 by the fall of 2014 unless you root your phone

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't write to SDcard on Kitkat0