No atomatic refresh rate adjustment for 24p content
I noticed that since I updated to ubuntu 14.04 the refresh rate does not adjust to 24p/Hz content. For 50Hz for example, it works like a charm.

This has been already shortly discussed a view months ago here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...id=1610492

Are there any fixes available? Or has someone solved the problem?

Would be thankful for a tipp
Or is there a way that I can start a little skirpt everytime I hit play, and manually set the refresh rate using xandr?
Just set xbmc to auto adjust refresh rate to the video playing
Press THANK USER if I Help
Are you using a desktop?
compositing window managers (e.g. compiz on unity) will block refresh rate switching. Try the standalone session for a test.
Thanks, I will try a stand alone session. This means it is purely unity (compiz) related?

Actually, I noticed that even when I set manually in Ubuntu to 24Hz and then start xbmc, the refresh rate is changed again to 60hz. Doesn't this mean that xbmc has "the power" to overvote compiz?
(2014-07-14, 11:43)klingel_one Wrote: Thanks, I will try a stand alone session. This means it is purely unity (compiz) related?

Actually, I noticed that even when I set manually in Ubuntu to 24Hz and then start xbmc, the refresh rate is changed again to 60hz. Doesn't this mean that xbmc has "the power" to overvote compiz?

Nope because the compositor owns the display, not the applications.
But how can my described observation be possible?
I tested it several times
a) Try to enable undirected fullscreen videos (ccsm)
b) Don't come back and complain about tearing

We cannot fix unity /composite bugs here. A user that decides towards a compositing manager should know what he / she / it is doing.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No atomatic refresh rate adjustment for 24p content0