Win Music Subdirectory (group)
Hi all,
old xbmc user, but newbie for music inside XBMC.
Have a question. For one artist, i have dozen of "albums" -> studios recordings, live bootlegs, live pro recordings, rarities, b-sides, ...
For XBMC, everything is in the same directory, and is very hard to handle.
Anyway i can have a subdirecty between artist and album in XBMC. (i manage the "group" tag inside MusicBee) -> a bit like the "season" intermediate folder for tv show
Many thanks !
hi,
little up on this ?
Still try to find one solution on this,
many thanks
Not that I'm aware of, you could always use the Files view, but that's about the only thing I can think of.
Thanks helta ! File view is not very sexy... Right now I m trying to create several fake artists to achieve that. I keep my studios albums under artist regular tag (arcade fire) and try to tag my live albums under "arcade fire live" artist tag... Then, in xbmc make a manual no for.this artist... Can I do that? A manual artist in xbmc ? Thanks !
You can create an artist.nfo file for 'arcade fire live' and create a directory called 'arcade fire live' with the live albums in it, and drop the artist xml inside. You might need to set the music scraper to local info only, but XBMC should read the nfo in preference to the internet and create an artist in the db 'arcade fire live' with the albums against that artist. In library view of artists, you would then have 'Arcade Fire' and 'Arcade Fire Live' as separate entries.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
that would be a fantastic way to go.
Do you have a example of an artist nfo ?
And what do you mean by the artist xml ?
(you seem to say that i don't have to change the mp3 tag to artist -> "arcade fire live")
Hmmm, artist xml was a typo *blush

Meant artist.nfo !!

Whether or not you need to change the mp3 artist tag to 'arcade fire live' I'm not too sure. Possibly.

As to an example, yeah artist.nfo for Bon Jovi -> http://pastebin.com/zJfymN4t
album.nfo for album 'These Days' -> http://pastebin.com/J8EBcN14

Note that you don't need to include all the stuff in these. Just basic artist name, and album stuff should be enough.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Great black eagle, perfect, I ll try soon

Can I do the trick for fanart too ? (put myself an artist fanart for arcade fire live)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Subdirectory (group)0