[Q] How to create a custom 3D movies shortcut in the main menu
I just updated to Aeon Nox 5 from 4 and I have lost my 3D movies custom shortcut on the main menu bar. Before, I just had it point to a separate 3D movies directory, because I like having a separate list of 3D movies apart from my main movie library. Is it possible to do the same with Aeon Nox 5? I have fooled around with it and I am not seeing how. If somebody could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.
HTPC Specs
NAS Server Specs
Home Theater: Mitsubishi WD-73C10 73 inch 3D DLP | Onkyo TX-NR515
Consoles: Dreamcast | Playstation 2 | Xbox | Xbox 360 | Playstation 3 | Playstation 4
From the dialog to select a default action choose "Video Library" > "Sources" (at the bottom of the list). Then pick the relevant source, and keep going till you've got to the subdirectory you want to display movies from. "Create shortcut to here", and you'll be asked what type of content it contains. Click "Movies" and you're done.

(For submenu items, use the "Type" button to show the "Library Sources" group and pick the relevant source from their.)
(2014-07-07, 09:37)Unfledged Wrote: From the dialog to select a default action choose "Video Library" > "Sources" (at the bottom of the list). Then pick the relevant source, and keep going till you've got to the subdirectory you want to display movies from. "Create shortcut to here", and you'll be asked what type of content it contains. Click "Movies" and you're done.

(For submenu items, use the "Type" button to show the "Library Sources" group and pick the relevant source from their.)

Thank you for the reply. I have implemented your suggestion as a stop-gap, but what I am really looking for is something that allows me to keep the 3D movies out of my main movie library. I usually have both a 2D and 3D copy of the same movies and it annoys me when both copies show up in my library. I know this is just me being really nitpicky and anal, but before I was able to just point the custom title directly to a separate directory without having to scrape it. Is there anything like this with v5? If not, I will make do.
HTPC Specs
NAS Server Specs
Consoles: Dreamcast | Playstation 2 | Xbox | Xbox 360 | Playstation 3 | Playstation 4
I don't use this skin, but to separate my movie library into sections, I set up smart playlists and point the shortcut to the playlist. This way I can have a main library with all my stuff in, and a kids library with all their stuff in. Works well for me.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-07-07, 13:47)black_eagle Wrote: I don't use this skin, but to separate my movie library into sections, I set up smart playlists and point the shortcut to the playlist. This way I can have a main library with all my stuff in, and a kids library with all their stuff in. Works well for me.

This.

You already have the smart playlist to show the 3D movies - that was automatically created by a script when you made the menu item. Now you just need one to not show those movies - you may even be able to adapt the auto-generated one, it's in special://userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts (just copy it to the correct folder, make the conditions negative and add it to your menu as a playlist)
Just to be sure you're aware, you don't have to keep seperate 2D and 3D copies. When you select a 3D movie to play, Gotham will post a prompt asking if you want to play it in 2D or 3D.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
That worked perfectly. Thank you so much for your help!
HTPC Specs
NAS Server Specs
Hi guys!

You know what? I was just looking for the same solution but not for 2D and 3D movies...my intention was to create one menu for Cartoons and one for Movies and using the smart playlists (for the Cartoon I used the rule genre=animation, while for the Movies the rule is genre=!animation) and I have reached the result! Amazing XBMC and Aeon Nox!

One additional question to improve: it is possible to have the submenus sticking with the relted smartplaylist used in the menu? For exampe if I create submenus for YEAR, GENRE, RECENTLY ADDED, etc. under CARTOONS they consider ALL the video files while I would like to have only the cartoons listed...

I hope I have explained the point!

Thanks in advance for any suggestion!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
You can do it manually, either through various smart playlists or even custom video nodes all linked to menu items.

There's no way to do it automatically. The submenu's are managed by script.skinshortcuts - the main menu (whilst the links are provided by the script) is managed by the skin. There isn't the possibility of this sort of interaction between them.

Even if there were, this isn't currently a feature of the skin shortcuts script. You're not the first person to request it, so it may be considered in the future, but in truth it's probably too complex a feature to be included within the script.
Ok, thanks a lot for the explanation! I can live without submenus anyway! Wink

Have a nice evening!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Q] How to create a custom 3D movies shortcut in the main menu0