Linux Incompatible network manager
No the password is straight fwd. I think its the SSID. I put in the sky name on the router as I can't find the card. So I think its that..

Dave
SSID is the name of the wireless network you want to connect to. If you have never changed it, there is likely a sticker under the router that has the details on it. If there is no sticker, or it is damaged, connect your laptop with a cable directly to your router. Open your internet browser and type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar at the top and hit enter. The default login details for the sky router page that comes up are admin for the username ad sky for the password.

Select wireless settings, setup or wireless depending on router type. The network name (SSID) and password should both be visible now. Note that they are both CasE SEnsITive !!

HTH
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Dear All, well with all your advice and a little bit of help from utube I'm up and running and controlling it off my ipad. One down side my pi hut dongle seems to have been a waste of time. I got a ASUS dongle and hey presto I can leave you all alone.

Unless you can explain why the pi hut dongle won't work on the pi but will on my PC. I suspect it a power thing.

Thanks all

Hi All,

Well with your help I'm up and running and controlling xbmc off my ipad.

Down side is my pi hut dongle although seems to work on my PC won't on the raspberry pi, I suspect its a power thing, any comments?

Once again thanks everyone...

Yours a happy silver surfer
(2014-07-10, 10:57)Mrtwonk Wrote: Unless you can explain why the pi hut dongle won't work on the pi but will on my PC. I suspect it a power thing.

maybe Raspbmc is missing the driver for this dongles? on OpenELEC (here) the Pi-Hut Wlan dongle works.
greetings, Stephan

The Pi Hut WiFi dongle ships at least two different chipsets in the past.

If you upload 'dmesg' we can take a look. Does 'Scan Networks' in Raspbmc Settings show anything?
Hi everyone,

I have a driver disc for the pi hit dongle, but I'm unsure if I should load it to the SD card. I'm running Linux and as xbmc is working ok I'm reluctant to touch anything. I know I can press the shift key on boot up to go to start menu and load open (elec), but I'm thinking " it ain't broke now "
Reading these threads and comments it's obvious a lot of this is beyond my capabilities, so I'm probably going to take the easy way out and just run with it.

Thanks again everyone

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Incompatible network manager0