Is there a way to quickly switch between audio outputs?
I frequently switch the sound output between HDMI and Analog.
And while it only takes 10 second, I wish there was a faster way.
Is it possible to have a shortcut for this action?
if you use windows look here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1730712

i think this feature should be integrated into xbmc 14. because most people need this and the forum is full of such requests.

another option (if you use linux or android or ios) would be the "2 profiles" method.
There's a way to do it using a script to trigger JSON-RPC commands, which can now change settings. I'm not exactly sure how to do it, but I've been trying to tinker with it in hopes of making a how-to. If anyone reading this has any tips or would like to make such a how-to, you would be my hero.
There is plenty of info in the thread that was linked to for both windows and Linux. Only information that is required is for the user to pick which settings they want toggled.
(2014-07-07, 19:02)teeedubb Wrote: There is plenty of info in the thread that was linked to for both windows and Linux. Only information that is required is for the user to pick which settings they want toggled.

I mean for how to do it from XBMC internally. Besides, most of that stuff is greek to me anyways, but I am having a good read through it all.
You could make a python script to launch and toggle between jsomrpc commands and use xbmc's runscript function (I haven't had much luck running other types of scripts that way), or advanced launcher, eventghost, irexec etc. Theres plenty of ways to run the script, hardest part is the json command, and there are examples of that in that thread, as well as a link to a list of all settings that can be toggled. Get the individual commands working via command line and you're set.

I could make a how to but I don't know what other info to provide, aside from making all the info in that thread a bit easier to read.
(2014-07-07, 19:24)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-07-07, 19:02)teeedubb Wrote: There is plenty of info in the thread that was linked to for both windows and Linux. Only information that is required is for the user to pick which settings they want toggled.

I mean for how to do it from XBMC internally. Besides, most of that stuff is greek to me anyways, but I am having a good read through it all.

Makes sense to do it all in python so it one script and method will work across all OS's. Plus its a little bit simpler not having to enable json-rpc (if I understand the wiki correctly) or configure ip addresses and port numbers.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=199579
I already use the "Keymap Editor" add-on to do this and assign the audiotoggle command to a key.

Works like a charm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to quickly switch between audio outputs?0