Excessive Lag / Corrupted audio
Hi all

First post (but been a reader since a long time)

I'm experiencing some problems on my ATV2 (4.4.4 JB).

3 months ago i moved and i dismantled my previous flawless setup : video library stored into a 2Tb ext usb HDD (usb port was not 3.0), on my PC, under LAN 'till the router, ATV under WiFi (from that router)..

...I moved and i couldn't bring with me the entire "chain" so i bought a new router (tplink TD-W8968) ,capable of media streaming via usb (2.0) port on its back.
convinced that "..that's enough for a perfect stream"

and i did the update from Frodo to Gotham 13.1...

But...

Video on xbmc are subject to a terrible lag, i've noticed that most of them are bigger than 2,5gb,( no matter if Avi Xvid or Mkv), i took a movie as comparison, watched via old setup: non problem (it's a 4,7gb Mkv dts video), now it's impossible even to try a stream (stream is like 1%/minute).. but in general all the videos,6 on 10, fail...

actually i can only watch old movies in lo fi (80's) without "not that much explosions"

some crashes, sometimes, but nothing different as frodo..

the curious thing is that if the stream is horrible via XBMC via Infuse (or Firecore player) i have a decent video stream but a corrupted audio, really ! i can't even describe it (but something that i can relate to a bad stream).

i've even tried to change the connection from wifi to lan,by using powerlines, but i didn't solved the problem...

some say that is a problem of codec (but seems to be strange because in orign i was able to watch the video mentioned above, and now i am not)
it's a problem of XBMC? probably but so why Infuse did almost the same thing?
Is there anything, worth to "touch" into the router's setup that i can search for?

Thanks in advance
N.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Excessive Lag / Corrupted audio0