Intel VAAPI video freeze/hang bug
(2014-07-15, 19:51)fritsch Wrote: Just file the bug with the above sample, provide all the logfiles and see what the intel guys do with it.

under libva or ?
Yes - that will get it attention from the vaapi devs. I posted some posts back what files to provide.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-07-15, 20:15)fritsch Wrote: Yes - that will get it attention from the vaapi devs. I posted some posts back what files to provide.

submitted: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=81447

LMK if there's anything I can add, better description, etc
Well done! all in that is needed.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-07-17, 01:48)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-07-15, 20:15)fritsch Wrote: Yes - that will get it attention from the vaapi devs. I posted some posts back what files to provide.

submitted: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=81447

LMK if there's anything I can add, better description, etc

Thanks for following up and filing this bug Matt!
FYI, installed OpenELEC v4.0.6 on a USB drive and ran it on my Late 2013 Macbook Pro 13" w/ Haswell Core i5 and saw the exact same behaviors noted here and in the bug. Definitely appears to be consistent across the Haswell line.

tret
I still think we have two bugs here. I can absolutely not reproduce a freeze with everyday content like LiveTV when Use SWFilter is enabled or in newer version where "Prefer VAAPI Render Method" is disabled.

The only difference makes this sample that was posted above. Therefore I wanted this bug to be filed separately as I think this one is LIBVA issue whereas the other one is some mesa/drm bug.
Are both bugs being fixed now? One seems to be well on its way and the other I'm not sure according to the 'bugs.freedesktop.org'. I'm consider buying the Haswell NUC Smile
The Real Skimshady
Yeah. Both look fine.
(2014-09-10, 15:43)fritsch Wrote: Yeah. Both look fine.

Hi i'm new to the forum and just to xbmc it self. I have a chrome box setup and working with OpenElec using Matt's script... because of the mythtv version that i have installed (.28) on my mythtv backend.. i need to use the latest development build of OpenElec (http://snapshots.openelec.tv/OpenELEC-Ge...be502f.tar) I tried using the recommended settings under the wikii (http://kodi.wiki/view/Chromebox) but my version of OpenElec no longer contains the "Use SW Filter for VAAPI" setting... my questions is:

I experience every now and then the bug reported here (video freezing and audio keeps playing/using the stable version of OpenElec & snapshot build), from what you mentioned both are fixed? if so what do i need update the firmware or openelec/xbmc?

How do I get the "Use SW Filter for VAAPI" option (not in the nightly build) back?

Also I currently have an HP version of the chromebox with 2gb of memory, if I should switch it to the Asus with dual channel 4gb of memory would this help the freezing?

Thanks for the help..
"Use SW Filter for VAAPI" is obsolete. v14 has the option: "Prefer VAAPI Render Method", which is the "inverse" of the Filter. On the chromebox you need to turn that "Prefer VAAPI Render method" off to get the same effect as turning "Use SW Filter for VAAPI" on in 13.2 version.

In Helix the setting will be called "Prefer VAAPI Render Method". -> follow Matt's support thread. I talked to him lately and he knows that things.
(2014-11-01, 23:27)fritsch Wrote: "Use SW Filter for VAAPI" is obsolete. v14 has the option: "Prefer VAAPI Render Method", which is the "inverse" of the Filter. On the chromebox you need to turn that "Prefer VAAPI Render method" off to get the same effect as turning "Use SW Filter for VAAPI" on in 13.2 version.

In Helix the setting will be called "Prefer VAAPI Render Method". -> follow Matt's support thread. I talked to him lately and he knows that things.

This is not correct. On Helix "Prefer VAAPI Render Method" has absolutely no effect on interlaced material. This setting does only influence how progressive material is handled.
Yeah, it at least helps the chrome people to watch bluray rips (progressive) without frequent stutter. That celeron 2955U is the machine with the most problems with this current intel driver bug, it makes that "stutter" every 3 to 5 minutes if the "Prefer VAAPI Render Method" is enabled.

There was a reason I PRd that as default to mainline. For VAAPI-Deinterlacing it won't help, yes. Sometimes users don't need to know all details to be happy.
Perhaps for the chrome people:

- Disable Prefer VAAPI Render Method
- Set Deinterlace: Auto, Deinterlacing-Method: BOB (_not_ the VAAPI BOB) or De-Interlace (More cpu load).
(2014-11-01, 23:43)fritsch Wrote: Sometimes users don't need to know all details to be happy.

I agree but there is absolutely no need to tell things which are wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI video freeze/hang bug0