PVR addon doesn't remember position in TV programs (series) list
I'm using the Cmyth PVR addon with MythTV 0.27-3. Since upgrading to Gotham, when I use the backspace key to return to the TV programs (series) list from the episodes (recordings) list, it always takes me back to the beginning of the list, i.e. "all programs". Previously, it remembered the position in the programs list.

Since my series list comprises multiple pages, this creates lot of unnecessary scrolling when browsing through recordings.

The developer of the PVR addon, janbar, has responded that this behavior is the result of a change in the XBMC code, and not in the addon.

Thanks for any help with this!
I'm a little confused as to what exactly you mean since you're using "series" and "episodes" out of context. What exactly is it that it doesn't remember?
Sorry if this wasn't clear. Maybe some screenshots will help.

Say I'm browsing through programs, and go to (for example) Frontline:

Then browse episodes of Frontline:

If I decide I don't want to watch any of these Frontline episodes right now, and hit "backspace" (or "exit" on the remote), I'm taken all the way back to the top of the programs list -- "* All Recordings". In Frodo, I would have still been positioned at Frontline (exactly as in the first screenshot), and (with one keystroke) could move down the list to the next program after Frontline.

Not the biggest issue, I know, but it's annoying to have to scroll through the entire list of programs to get back to where you were -- especially when (as we do) you have a long list of recorded programs.

Hope this helps.
I see your point. There's a major rewrite of the PVR GUI code in the works, once that is merged this will either be fixed or more easily fixable than at the moment. You can file a bug report on trac.xbmc.org in the meantime so we don't forget it.
(2014-07-10, 15:02)negge Wrote: I see your point. There's a major rewrite of the PVR GUI code in the works, once that is merged this will either be fixed or more easily fixable than at the moment. You can file a bug report on trac.xbmc.org in the meantime so we don't forget it.

Thank you, negge! I will do that.

While we're on the topic...I also have a small feature change request;

Currently, I think the defaults are to sort the programs (series) list by date, and the recordings (episodes) list alphabetically. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Normally, you'd look through an alphabetical list of programs to find the title you want, and then watch the episodes according to the date and time they aired, i.e. watching the oldest episode first (and that should be at the top of the list).

I have my systems set this way, but I have to do it manually for every instance of XBMC, and (what's worse) for every recordings list for every program.
I've created this ticket:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15335

...and this feature request:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15336
I kinda like the most recent recordings at the top of the lists.

When I go to watch a recording it is most likely to be something that recorded quite recently, like watching tonight's news. Having it at the top of the list can be good for that.

You can sort the list from the context menu, unlike most XBMC screens where you go to a side (left keypress) menu to sort.

Also in the context menu there is no indication of how the list is currently sorted.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-11, 08:17)nickr Wrote: I kinda like the most recent recordings at the top of the lists.

When I go to watch a recording it is most likely to be something that recorded quite recently, like watching tonight's news. Having it at the top of the list can be good for that.

You can sort the list from the context menu, unlike most XBMC screens where you go to a side (left keypress) menu to sort.

Also in the context menu there is no indication of how the list is currently sorted.

The recordings list should definitely default to "Sort By: Date" (and it currently doesn't). Yes, for news programs, you might want the most recent recording at the top. But for, say, dramas, you probably want to watch them in order, from oldest to newest. So you'd want the oldest at the top. My guess is that the most common preference would be for sorting by "oldest to newest" (with the oldest at the top) and, of course, you can change it for any specific series.

And, again, the default for the programs list should be "Sort By: Name". While a few people might look for the latest program to watch -- no matter what it is -- I think most would want to look at an alphabetical list of programs to find the specific series they want to watch (then look for either the oldest or newest episode).
Sorting will be fixed in an upcoming PR once we get it merged, it's quite big so it has been stalling for some time. I don't think the default order will change though.
(2014-07-11, 14:12)negge Wrote: Sorting will be fixed in an upcoming PR once we get it merged, it's quite big so it has been stalling for some time. I don't think the default order will change though.

Any chance the loss of position when backing up from the episodes menu will be fixed in the upcoming Helix release of Kodi?

I've been trying the nightly builds, and the problem is still there, unfortunately.
this is fixed and should be available in our next nightly or RC2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR addon doesn't remember position in TV programs (series) list0