Raspbmc CEC Reconnect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
lmrdaddy Offline
Hi,
I am running the latest Raspbmc and I am using my (Toshiba) TV's remote to control XBMC via CEC. This is working fine until I turn off the TV. If I turn the TV back on the CEC connection is lost, which is probably (just guessing) the TV's fault. If I start cec-client on the Pi I can see the TV going from "Standby" to "On", but controlling XBMC does not work until I change one of the settings (doesn't matter which one) of the CEC adapter in XBMC. So the question is: is there anything I can do to automatically reconfigure/reinitialize the CEC adapter once the TV is turned on. If not: is there a way to do this via a script, maybe using the HTTP-API?

Cheers,
lmrdaddy
find quote
ActionA Offline
There is a much simpler way that should keep the pi aware of what it is connected to and it's capabilities.

Quote:sudo tvservice -d /boot/edid.dat

and add:
hdmi_edid_file=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1

http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?...2#pid57862
find quote
dandnsmith Offline
Quote:and add:
hdmi_edid_file=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1

Those last 2 lines are added to /boot/config.txt (in case there was any doubt)

Derek
find quote
lmrdaddy Offline
Thanks for the hint but I had already done that. I helped to reconnect CEC after a reboot of the Pi, but not the other way round. My suspicion is, that the TV does not "know" the Pi is still there and therefore does not send any commands.
find quote
ActionA Offline
Did you try unplugging the TV from it's power source for several minutes in order to give it a hard reboot of it's system? We've seen this resolve a lot of CEC issues.
find quote
lmrdaddy Offline
Quote:Did you try unplugging the TV from it's power source for several minutes in order to give it a hard reboot of it's system? We've seen this resolve a lot of CEC issues.

Yes, I've done this several times, I tried turning the TV completely off (unplugged it) or only going to standby, same result :-(
find quote
lmrdaddy Offline
Apparently the only thing that helps is reconfiguring the CEC adapter on the Pi, so back to my question: any ideas on how to this via script or HTTP requests?
find quote
lmrdaddy Offline
Well, just for the record, maybe someone else has the same problem: I solved by using a small Python script connecting to the Event Server and sending ACTION_EXECBUILTIN "CECActivateSource".
find quote
Milhouse Online
Team-XBMC Member
Not a solution, but you might want to keep an eye on this discussion in case its related.

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
find quote
lmrdaddy Offline
Yep, I agree, this sounds at least similar. I will keep an eye on it, thank you.
find quote