CPU detection fails
Hey folks,

Since XBMC 13.1 the CPU detection is not working probably (System-Systeminfo-Hardware).
Quote:CPU:
is all of the information displayed. This causes some problem with several plug-ins like SpotiMC.

Can anyone help?
Kind regards,

rob
was this ok with 13.0?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Affirm
*wonders* - don't see any changes in that area - are you sure it worked in gotham 13.0? What does it display there for you?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
This is really strange. You are right that the CPU: is empty in xbmc (gotham 13.0 aswell! and it was empty in 12.0 and even 11.0 based on the code if i am not totally blind). But looking at the spotimc code it really looks like they don't support ios but only linux, windows and macosx. Am i on the wrong path here? Also it doesn't look like the empty CPU string has anything to do with platform detection in that addon. (as said there is no ios support in the addon code i found).

Could you clarify please?
i wish i could bright up that issue Wink.

i didn't check the cpu info on 13.0 i have to admit. but spotimc did work with no problems on 13.0 and reports now "platform not supported", that's why i'm on that track.

Quote:Compatibility

Windows, Linux and OSX. IOS and Android not supported (yet). Requires at least XBMC Frodo (v12.0) to run.
(https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc)

... strange why it worked on 13.0 ...
i officially doubt that it ever worked on ios. There is no libspotify binary for ios anywhere to be found. Are you sure you have taken the addon from the official source? At least the official source of that addon backs up the fact that ios is unsupported. - well so or so - there is nothing i can do about that and it has nothing to do with the fact that the cpu is reported empty.

But one more thing - when i ask if it showed a cpu on 13.0 and you confirmed that just by guessing you did one thing. You wasted my time because i digged up the code because of your statement down to frodo. That sucked kinda...
Quote:But one more thing - when i ask if it showed a cpu on 13.0 and you confirmed that just by guessing you did one thing. You wasted my time because i digged up the code because of your statement down to frodo. That sucked kinda...

you can trust me when i tell you that i didn't do this on purpose to have you busy and indeed i'm sorry for your wasted time.

anyhow, that was just the way it had been, spotimc worked on my atv2 on 13.0 (in fact on two units) and stopped working on 13.1. - why should i tell you stories?
my source of the binary: http://superrepo.org/get-started/add-the...as-source/
Yeah thats not the official source - nor is it a repository we support. If they have an altered version of spotimc then you should bring up your problem to the author of the modifications - who then can tell us what the real issue is between 13.0 and 13.1 which drives the modification useless ...
ahh, that explains it all. okay, i'll see what i can do - trying to get in touch with these guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CPU detection fails0