Squeezelite integration
Yeah I don't think it is necessarily going to work to just a build a gui and pass all the playing work off to squeezelite. There is no real way for info to go from squeezelite to xbmc, which makes squeezelite a bity of a blunt instrument, like calling any other external player.

I can't think of any squeeze library, but thats not to say it doesn't exist.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No, you're not getting it - squeezelite gets wrapped into a proper xbmc player interface - like mplayer, dvdplayer, omxplayer etc.

There's actually quite a few implementations of slimproto floating abotu, for ios, android, etc etc, so I imagine they are all similarly implement based on some code base - it used to be squeezeplay was the main implementation for a software player, but squeezelite is a much more modern thing (based on portaudio I think).

Anyway, I'm out of my depth, but I was definitely suggesting an xbmc player implementation of a proper slimproto player, wrapped in an xbmcplayer interface that MIGHT be based off squeezelite if possible.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
My idea was based off what bossanova had in mind. I guess what I was envisioning was a library (sort of like cmyth) that would handle all the back/forth - mostly for GUI elements and then using what could be used from squeezelite and make a player out of it. Thinking about it more over the evening last night I think just getting a working squeezelite port into an xbmc player is probably the thing to focus on at the start.

I did email triode yesterday. His response said that he knew very little about XBMC but I did explain the basic idea. If he could help out with the squeezelite side of things I think that would make things a lot easier .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Squeezelite integration0