Android Minix Neo x8(H) or Armada Mach 8(M8 Android TV BOX Amlogic S802) buying advice
I've been looking at these two and I have a hard time to chose and to se/know whats the differencies between them!?
Minix Neo x8(H) or Armada Mach 8(M8 Android TV BOX Amlogic S802).

Shall I go with the Mach 8? or the more expensive Minix?
I don't know the Armada, but I got the Minix X8-H.
If I was in your situation I wouldn't get the Minix till current issues are solved (check freaktab.com forum if you want to see which ones).

PS: If I was living in US I wouldn't hesitate and I would get the Fire TV instead.
For what it's worth. I purchased and received my Armada M8 last week. So for I am pleased with it's performance. The remote control that ships with the unit leaves much to be desired I'm afraid. A wireless mouse / keyboard is strongly recommended.
Both myself and other X8H users are having issues with frameskip/drop of sorts (no sync issues, just seeming 'slowdown') on some videos with the X8. This is with either the minix version of XBMC, or a fresh version from xbmc.org.

I cannot figure out why exactly, but one common denominator seems to be that videos which skip have DTS audio (even smaller 700mb avi files, vs 10gb mkvs). This is not an issue with external media player apps.

Not sure if this is an AMlogic or XBMC issue.

Cheers,
bc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minix Neo x8(H) or Armada Mach 8(M8 Android TV BOX Amlogic S802) buying advice0