Xmbc is the solution?
Hi!

First of all: sorry for my bad english. Secound: sorry if i write this to a wrong topic. I only hear about xbmc (and a bit later OpenElec) just a few days before. In nuttshell: i have a LG-39LA620S 3D TV with magic remote and a simple pc at the moment. Nowadays to play a movie i have to convert the video files (usually mkv). Have to cut off the audio channels (can't change from TV), and have to rename to m2ts to able to play from the pc (with windows media player)

What i want: to play 1080p movies + 1080p 3D movies without converting and cutting audio channels. If it's possible i don't want to build a NAS + another mini Pc for xbmc. Is it possible to do it in all in one? Like with an amd E350 or somethign similar. I should only use the Nas features to copy the movies to the externel hard drives from pc (maybe torrents), but i don't want to stream any media (pictures, movies, etc) out of the LAN.

For example: i build a miniPc based on amd E350 with a 4 TB HDD and connect to the router (and to the TV with HDMI?) can i use it (after configuration) for playing 1080p 3D movies without problem? And can i read the 4TB HDD from Pc to order/rename/delete movies? And maybe use torrents?

My two extra question:

1. is it possible to use the xbmc/OpenElec miniPc with my LG Magic Remore? Or i need to use a keyboard/mouse?
2. Is it possible to record with the TV to the HDD inside the miniPC? (i can record to an external USB HDD, but if it's possible i should take another HDD inside the miniPc for this purpose).

Thank you very much if anybody can help me. And really sorry if my english is confusing.
Yes

two extra question:

1 ) Maybe, probably not... must be programmable remote, that works with your PC

2 ) No

http://xbmc.org/about/
Welcome to forums.

Wasnt the answer to 2) PVR (wiki) so unless Im mistaken its yes, as long as you have a compatible TV tuner installed and a PVR backend, which info is all in PVR (wiki) along with answers to many questions xbmc related. See Main Page (wiki)
I took question 2) to mean a direct file from his smart TV to a storage drive, (it appears he is already doing that sans PVR) in that case NO. As noted the PVR option of XBMC is do-able, provided that hardware is present. Language barriers might have cause some miss communication.
(2014-07-10, 19:43)PatK Wrote: I took question 2) to mean a direct file from his smart TV to a storage drive, (it appears he is already doing that sans PVR) in that case NO. As noted the PVR option of XBMC is do-able, provided that hardware is present. Language barriers might have cause some miss communication.

Sorry, i think it's my fault. But you are right, i mean a direct file from my smart TV - without extra tuner -. (I have at the moment a 2.5"HDD + external rack for recording, so i think i will skip that PVR part of XBMC for a while. ))

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xmbc is the solution?0