OS X Can't open external drive
I've successfully installed TinyMediaManager on Mavericks and now I'm trying to add a move directory - my external Synology NAS, mounted as a volume (via Apple File Sharing). However the file dialog only shows media "folders" (clicking on them shows other destinations where media was found, but not the NAS volume) and I can't navigate to the NAS volume in the file dialog. Is there any way to do this? Is it a good idea to use the mounted volume or should I do something different?
I am not a Mac user, but afaik all media is mounted at /Volumes in OSX. Maybe you should give that a try

Or maybe there is another Mac user in this forum who can give you an advise Wink
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
I know where the media is mounted, I only can't reach the folder because the "Open File" dialog is behaving strangely - I can't navigate higher than my home folder and only media is shown. It probably has to do with the requested file type. Maybe your code specifies MIME types that can be opened and Mac OS tries to be "smart" about them.
Hi,

I've just tried this with same setup (okay, it was a QNAP NAS Tongue) and it worked. The AFP/SMB shares from the NAS were displayed in the open file dialog correctly and adding this location added /Volume/Movies as "logical destination" in tmm.

is your afp share visible inside the finder? I know that there were a time, where my pal couldn't see the share in finder (maybe broken bonjour settings) - he had to mount it manually to be able to access it.

If Finder is able to see/mount the share, tmm should be too! If not, you could try to access to the share via SWT (see http://www.tinymediamanager.org/index.ph...er-dialog/ ). But I am afraid you won't see it with swt if the Finder does not see it either

hth
Manuel
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Do you have Java 8 installed in OSX Mavericks? Today I saw a weird file open dialog in Mavericks with Java 8.
A patch has been created for the open folder dialog - which is kinda broken in Java7/8 on OSX.
The patch will be available in version 2.6

btw: SWT in OSX is broken too :/ OSX with the Java from Oracle is such a mess..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't open external drive0