Can't login into xbmc
After installing xbmc ubuntu creating a user name with a password and selecting the auto login option, after reboot I cannot login into xbmc.

I can change to xbmc ubuntu and the created user can login, but from here I do not seem to be able to do much. The XMBC Media Center under Sound & Video doesn't do anything.

Login out and changing to xbmc, I can't login.

I run xbmc ubuntu in VMWare Fusion on a Macbook Pro.

Any ideas?
yeah, install on real hardware. Or use the OSX build directly.

background: xbmc uses openGL and does need GFX hardware acceleration. You probably can get it to launch by installing vmware guest additions and enabling 3D acceleration in Vmware, but it still won't run well.
Easier said then done.

I actually did run it first on "real hardware". I installed the Mac version on my Macbook Pro Retina. But xbmc has a number of issues in the Mac version. One of which is the reported issue with the missing support for 2 GPUs.

Whilst trying to manage the problems through settings, I managed in matter of fact to screw up some xbmc configuration files so badly that I could not even start OSX. To be precise, xbmc crashed so badly that I needed to reset the Macbook (OSX froze). On restart xbmc would auto launch and crash OS
X again. I actually needed to reboot in save mode and remove xbmc.

That is why I tried using it in a VM to protect my Macbook.

After I found and read a forum article about CMD+f to work around the GPU issue I re-installed it on the Macbook and so far it seems to work.
switch to Xen server, there you can pass the "Real' GPU to the guest.

and read :
http://www.sotechdesign.com.au/xenserver...ss-device/

Xen server 6.2 is free.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't login into xbmc0