Recommend a Case for my new server
Can anyone recommend some cases to check out i am building my new server i have most pieces already but need a good case to put them in my current one is a piece of crap lit up like a xmas tree and rattles like crazy so need something quick and without a ton of lights on it

Budget $200AUD MAX

also if possible hold at least 10 HDD's and support Micro-ATX Mobo's

some ones i looked at are

Fractal Design Define R4 (nice case doesn't hold 10 HDD's though)

Fractal Design XL Full Tower (hard to buy here in Australia)

Cosmos II (out of budget)

several Lian Li Cases (also out of budget for ones with above requirements)

any recommendations it doesn't have to be the latest and greatest just quite and quality build and minimal lights on it (going into a bedroom corner hence the silence and lighting restrictions)
Fractal Design Define R4 + 3 in 2 HDD Hot Swap Bay?

You can replace the two 5.25 drive bays included with 3 x 3.5 Inch HDD Hot Swap Bay. This will give you a total of 11 drives

I had the same case with a 3 in 2 Hot Swap Bay fitted and it worked fine.

that's a good idea even perhaps just some 5.25 to 3.5 brackets in there would get me my 10 drives i need

can i ask is there space on the front of those ODD for a fan just wondering if i did that how would i keep those drives cool like the ones below?

also as someone who has owned the case is it a good choice to get just want something quite and simply to sit in the corner of the room and run 24/7

have heard it is pretty good for cable management but as i have not seen one in person yet i cannot tell my current server case there is no cable management so it looks like a birds nest in there

Update: Just checked out some of those hot swap bays and wow are they expensive cost almost as much as the case i would probably be looking at around another $100 just for that hot swap bay for that i might as well put that extra $100 to getting a case with the extra capacity
Single 3.5" HDD bracket is probably your best option if you want to save cost.

There is no space to fit a fan in front

Fractal Design Define cases are well known for good cable management and silence. You will not be disappointed.
This is the most silent case i have ever used.

Here is a picture of my lazy attempt at cable management. I could have hidden the cables better if i wanted

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommend a Case for my new server0