XBMC Eden - XBMC Library using MySQL with a Synology NAS
Hi all.

I tried to set up my XBMC library using MySQL on my Synology NAS, as outlined in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwyABCuonWo&noredirect=1).

I copied the source and advancedsetting files into the userdata folder. When I tried to open XBMC, it hangs at the black screen with "Xbox Media Center Eden".

When I check the log file, I get the results here: http://pastebin.com/3hYNchAD

I have created the user in myphpadmin (and recreated a new one (xbmc1) to make sure I did it right the first time).

On the NAS, I've enabled MySQL and "Enable Web Station".

If I delete the advancedsetting.xml file from the userdata folder, XBMC opens up correctly.

I've double checked my IP address, and it's correct. I restarted my NAS also.

I uninstalled XBMC and reinstalled it, but no change...it still hangs when advancesettings.xml is in the userdata folder.

Any thoughts?
Whats the reasoning for using Eden still?
I'm running OpenElec on a thin client. That's the version of XBMC on it.

I read that I had to have the same version of XBMC on all systems using the library, so installed Eden on my Windows system. Will try and uninstall and use Gotham.
Tried Gotham...same problem.
Hi all!!, The same problem here with Windows 7 and Synology DS214play DSM 5 update2.
Thank you!!
Do you have the mariandb package installed? I can't remember if phpadmin forced you to install it or not.
(2014-07-14, 23:12)frankdtank Wrote: Do you have the mariandb package installed? I can't remember if phpadmin forced you to install it or not.

OK, there was a mistake with the IP on avancedsettings.xml file.
Now seems to work OK.
Hi, all the synchro seems to be ok, but the fan art doesn't show on my media center.
I double-check the correct ports to be opened but nothing happens.
Any suggest to solve the issue?
Thanks in advance.
OK, now I see that guest user must be enabled on NAS. The problem is solved.
How did you enable the guest user?

I have the same problem. The scrapper find the movie (synopsis...) but I cannot see the fanart.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Eden - XBMC Library using MySQL with a Synology NAS0