container animation when transitioning from show to episodes
Hi guys,

Is there a reason why animations don't work on containers when going from TV Shows to Seasons/Episodes?
Is there a hack/workaround for this?

An example to illustrate:

PHP Code:
<control type="group">
   <
visible>Control.IsVisible(53)</visible> <!-- tv show posters -->

[
visible/hidden animation included here]

<
control type="image">

this image does animate properlyfollowing the above visibility rule

</control>

<
control type="panel" id="53">

panel containing the TV show posters when moving onto seasons/episodes view,

this control just disappears and does NOT animate according to the specified animations

</control>
</
control>

<
control type="group">
   <
visible>Control.IsVisible(54)</visible> <!-- episode list -->

[
visible/hidden animation included here]

<
control type="list" id="54">
       list 
view containing episodes

</control>
</
control

I hope I've managed to explain it properly..
By the way, I've noticed this on other skins I've tried...so I don't think it's an issue with my code..
Did you try Maximinimalism?
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2014-07-12, 00:13)thedeadman Wrote: Did you try Maximinimalism?

Hi deadman, just tried it, I don't see any animation on the vertical TV Shows list when going to the episodes view...
What's strange, the animations do work on the TV Show level when going FROM episodes back, just not when going forward... I am starting to think that it's a limitation in XBMC, though I don't understand why it was designed this way...
Think of every library as one window. So TV shows, seasons, episodes, it's all one window. The animations are applied on opening or closing a window, and not when navigating between different sections of the window. Hence why transitioning from shows to seasons for example won't use the windowopen and windowclose animation.
(2014-07-12, 09:50)Jeroen Wrote: Think of every library as one window. So TV shows, seasons, episodes, it's all one window. The animations are applied on opening or closing a window, and not when navigating between different sections of the window. Hence why transitioning from shows to seasons for example won't use the windowopen and windowclose animation.

Yep, I get that. But that still doesn't explain why the Visible/Hidden animations don't work - every view is in it's own control group with <visible>Control.IsVisible(x)</visible>... all other controls (such as images) within those groups DO animate, just the panels/lists of the VideoLibrary don't ....I still think that's odd/buggy.. Thank's anyways

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
container animation when transitioning from show to episodes0