Adding SMB Share with pass to Raspbmc
Hey XBMC Know-it-alls,

I have Raspbmc on my Model B Raspberry Pi and have Samba installed on an Ubuntu machine. I used to have guest enabled on the Network Drive XBMC connects to. I have disabled that and put a account with a password on. I go into Videos and right click to edit source. I browse to the Network Drive and type in my user and pass. This is where it goes wrong. I click OK, but then the window just opens again. So I type in my user and pass again and it still doesn't work. To make sure it isn't the user and pass/server that is making it fail, I go onto my Mac and connect with the same credentials and it works. Please help quickly because I think there is someone that is on our Network Drive and I want to lock it down.

Thanks,
The Fancyman
I would look on the system hosting the network drive for some smbd/nmbd logs showing what it considers the problem to be.
HTH
Derek
OK. I looked at the log and all there I can see is an attempt to login. Whaz goin' on?
If there is no message about wrong user or wrong password, then you may need to investigate that system more fully to see why it is blocking the attempt - there may be clues in some other system logs
Derek
It's not the server. It's a problem with XBMC
I'm not saying it isn't a problem caused at the RPi end of things, but you stand more chance of finding the cause using the server logs.
I do wonder, looking at the historical problems with SAMBA, whether it is a password encryption problem - but we'd need more info about both ends of the link, and what versions were being run, and what parameters were being used
Derek
There is not anything standing out int the logs. The only possible thing is XBMC/Raspbmc/RPi. It has nothing to do with passwd encryption or anything alike. I know you are trying to help, but I think I made it pretty clear that it is a problem with XBMC or something similar.

Please help,
The Fancyman
Permissions?

Could be logged in fine, just havent set permissions to see (read) anything?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding SMB Share with pass to Raspbmc0