No connection to the XBMC server
On my pc, I have XBMC 13.1 running on Win 8.1 Pro, all good. I have been through all the suggested settings re System/Services ( eg Allow Control of XBMC via HTTP, port 8080, etc .etc. ). I see XMBC listed in my Windows Firewall allowable apps.

On the ipad2, in the XBMC Remote app, when I select FIND XBMC, it finds my XBMC server. I filled in the mac address, and matching user name and password.(and reconfirmed the values with what XBMC shows (System/System Info/Network)

But when I try to connect, I get "No connection"

Is there some mandatory router settings I also need to change ?? Or other settings I am missing?
All devices are on the same home network, and the iPad is of course accessing the XMBC server over Wi-Fi. I assume I therefore do not need port forwarding.

Other remote apps are also indicating they can find the server but cannot connect it.

As a test I turned off Windows Firewall and Avast anti-virus ... made no difference.

UPDATE - Router issue. When I connected to a different wireless access point, I was able to connect, so I just need to determine which settings are blocking me out.
I had the same problem. I've tried around and have found out that it is my password. I have special chars in my password. If i remove these special chars then xbmc remote can connect to my xbmc server.

My Bug report: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1751454

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No connection to the XBMC server0