Harmny Remote : OK button doesn't bring the OSD menu when watching movie
Hi alll,

I just switched from Windows to OSX (10.9).

With Windows, my Harmony One remote was configured as a Windows Media Center to control XBMC. The OK button would act as the Enter key and bring the OSD when watching movie.

I configured the remote using the Plex profile as described in the forum and the wiki and can now control XBMC quite easily. However, the OK button doesn't bring the OSD when watching movies. I can still use the keyboard but this isn't a long term solution.

In the Harmony software, I tried to remap the OK button with the Plex ENTER command (instead of the OK command) but still no luck.

I also installed the Candelair IRC driver.

Maybe I didn't search enough in the forum and the wiki, but so far, I have seen nothing to help me on this topic. I will appreciate any suggestion Smile

Another purely OSX problem comes with my Microsoft keyboard (french mapping). I configured the keyboard as a "French PC" keyboard. Mapping is correct except for the < and ² characters which are not mapped corectly. I will also appreciate if you ave any advice on this little annoyance.

Daniel
I have a harmony touch I use the menu button.
formerly on the harmony one, I believe, to.
It is not necessary to install additional software.
set the harmony with the right Apple hardware is sufficient.
on the mac System Preferences, specify the appropriate keyboard setting and language and region setting.
MacMini 2012 - MacOS 10.10 - Kodi
Hi sling,

I'll definitely check the menu button as soon as I'm home ! Thanks.

I had to install the Candelair driver as iTunes would lunch each time I used the remote to start / stop / pause a movie in XBMC. It seems to be a known issue with recent versions of OSX (10.9 at least).

As for the keyboard problem, the thing is I have correctly configured my system (French / France settings with French PC keyboard).
Have a look at this keyboard layout (from wikipedia) :

and compare it with the layout of a French PC keyboard on your mac. You'll notice that the upper left key is not mapped identically. No big deal as the 2 characters involved are not used that often. Still, if I can get my keyboard fully mapped Smile

Once again, thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll check the menu button.

Regards,

Daniel
Hi sling,

The menu button it is Smile I don't know how I didn't find it myself !!!

Thanks for your help.

Daniel
Hi Daniel
You are welcome
you're right you can indeed install candelier or check this link http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/.../a_id/8480
I myself have had open elec install on my mac mini but am back to MacOS because of Netflix.
MacMini 2012 - MacOS 10.10 - Kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmny Remote : OK button doesn't bring the OSD menu when watching movie0