How to stop xbmc from scraping ???
Hi all,

I'm a very happy ember user, it does everything I want it to do. But I have one small problem/question, after I have done all my hard work getting my tv shows and movies how I want them, I cannot see a way of getting them into xbmc ios/windows, without having the scrapers enabled,.... this somehow defeats the object because it then has a tendency to ruin some of my own ember input.

I know how to disable the scrapers, but then I cannot get the files into xbmc. I have tried going into files and then look for new content, it gives the impression that it has found some things but they never show up under new content added.

although I can manually go through files and eventually find the tv prog/film I want to view.... not exactly convenient.

So I just wanted to know how I could get my files to show without having the scrapers enabled but the tv & movies still get pulled in.

xbmc 12.2.... (no upgrade yet as this is working really well apart from this one little niggle.

Any ideas or help would be very much appreciated as I am at a loss as to what to do. It's horrible having to put right what the scrapers seem to undo.

Really appreciate any replies chaps....
sadsack..
In Frodo the logic then scraping is, if local content exist and have correct naming convention use it, and if missing use selected scraper
So if you have scraped everything with Ember, XBMC never goes out and download anything from internet

In Gotham there is a scraper called "local information only" so it's a bit more obvious how it works
Thank's for the reply T-bird_se......

I'm sure all the file are correctly named, all within there own folders, I.E.

Z:\Movie\Next (2007)

extrathumbs\

fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
movie.nfo
movie.tbn
Next 2007 Bluray.nfo
Next 2007 Bluray.srt
Next 2007 Bluray.tbn
Next 2007 Bluray-fanart.jpg
Next 2007.mkv
poster.jpg

This will work with a scraper enabled, but will not be recognized on it's own. (That's not exactly true, It is recognized, because When I do a "look for new content" with the Movie Folder, it seems to work, and if I go into the Movie folder the movie/movies are there they just don't show up on the confluence screen (main screen that contains, TV shows, Movies, ect...) .... Could this be just an ATV2 ios thing.... and something one just has to put up with. Or would I be better off updating to Gotham, (slightly scary thought, after it taking so long to get things working almost perfectly).
Frodo needs a scraper active to build the database, but if local content is found that will be used so no online scraping is done

If you only use XBMC you have files not needed or used any more
.tbn is not used
You have doubles of nfo and fanart and that can give confusing results, one is used in XBMC and the other one is used in Ember
So I recommend a cleaning of your collection
Thanks T-bird_se,

I did wonder about the doubles myself but I assumed it was setup correctly...... Also when I finish with Ember it always says "Cancelling all processes" .... Is this the norm?
(2014-07-13, 14:41)sadsack007 Wrote: Also when I finish with Ember it always says "Cancelling all processes" .... Is this the norm?

Yes
Thanks Dan,

I kept thinking, "What the hell", How can it cancel but still manage to save everything..... lol.. that's that one solved.

I've looked at so many setup vid's for ember it's now started to hurt.... The way I had mine set up was from a video called something like "the perfect ember setup" look's like it wasn't so perfect after all.
And another hag is that even though ember finds the url for a trailer the tick never appears. I've lost count how many times I've looked through the settings about that one. lol

Oh well, back to the drawing board...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to stop xbmc from scraping ???0