Win Garbled Images on Menu?
hi guys can anyone help me on this? i see garbled images on the menu only and also some pop ups like if you press pause/play button.

i've already updated my GPU drivers. problems only occur in XBMC menu but not during playback or any applications.

hope anyone can help

thanks!
Do you have a AMD GPU?
yes i'm using hd 6770 gpu
Try the following following:

Create a advancedsettings.xml file (that's if you haven't already got one), see AdvancedSettings.xml (wiki) for more on this, and add the following lines to the file:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<forced3d9ex>false</forced3d9ex>
<allowd3d9ex>false</allowd3d9ex>
</advancedsettings>

If you already have a advancedsettings.xml file then just add the <forced3d9ex> and <allowd3d9ex> lines.
that worked on the menu and its great. but xbmc halts / crashes when i stop / forward playback. any other solution mate?
See if only having the <allowd3d9ex> line makes any difference.
video won't even play. Sad
Then only other thing I can suggest then is rollback to the earliest available drivers for your GPU then work your way through each version to try and find one which works, as it's compatibility issue between XBMC and the AMD GPU drivers you could also try reporting it to AMD.

The only other solution if the PC is used solely for XBMC is to try a Linux build.
still doesn't work on downgrading drivers. i can still see random boxes on menu. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Garbled Images on Menu?0