Android Dolby Digital 5.1 - Partially Solved!
I have almost the same trouble but mine is a loud burst of static every time the sound starts on a DD 5.1 file. It is generated by the TVs (2 Samsungs, one 5 years older than the other) only when I have DD capable receiver enabled (transcoding either on or off). I can play the same DD 5.1 file perfectly with a WDTV, or via usb connected to the tv, or with a DVD player with usb input or a DVD itself, or with the Minix 4k or MX player. I have a Minix X8-h and Minix X8-H plus. The trouble is the same on both. The trouble is on all versions of XBMC/Kodi, from 13.1 up to Kodi 15.2, Minix version 15.3 and SPMC by Koying. I've done all the settings previously mentioned. The fault seems to be with what happens when DD capable receiver is enabled. The TVs and my AVR work perfectly in all situations except with XBMC/Kodi with DD capable receiver enabled. All the devices I've mention are connected via hdmi to the TV and spdif from tv to avr. With the option off the sound works perfectly, just no DD 5.1. The clicking is present on streaming videos with DD 5.1 audio also.
example: Last Startrek on Navi-X Boxsets in DD5.1 section.

Could someone explain what changes when this option is enabled.

I used to have this option on and there was no trouble with the sound.
Was an addon changed some time in the recent past that was pushed to all versions of Kodi?

Thanks for listening.

Minix is working perfect other than this.

Thanks Minix Ken, Great Job!!

P.S. I've noticed that the clicking is only on Dolby*48khz although it may be on any file at 48khz. I took a file and cut the first 20 seconds off it and resampled the audio to 41khz and Minix XBMC 15.3 played it without the click. However Kodi 15.2 still had the click.
Both Kodi and XBMC are set up the same. Anyone got any ideas?
Hi guys - did anyone manage to conclusively fix this or is it a limitation of the box and Kodi that we have to live it.
There is no such click with v17.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
No click but also no passthrough sound in 17. What use is that! Anyway I give up on this box and on Android boxes ever getting this to work. I will be selling my X8 h plus, not worth the money in my opinion and for what I need it for.

Sent from my HTC One M9
Hate to dig up this old thread but recently bought a SJ9 sound bar and connected it via HDMI ARC with the MINIX X8H-Plus going straight to the TV's HDMI IN and seem to be facing this problem with Dolby Digital.  DD works find when I connect the MINIX to the SJ9's HDMI.

Oddly the burst of static noise starts around 1min after playing footage.

I'm running Kodi 16 (tried various flavour also with no joy) HDMI passthrough is working OK and DTS format is also working ok. Just Dolby Digital failing.  Playing DD on MX Player works fine

Anyone found a solution to this?
Wire it up properly, ie Minix-->Soundbar-->TV
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yep that's what I ended up doing except which resolved the initial problem but now when I skip forward or even pause a movie I get a sharp click and the audio stops.  I can recover the audio by changing the volume (+ or -) on the SJ9 soundbar.

Any ideas on this one?
No I have no idea on that sorry, doesnt happen on my vizio.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Solved by using optical SPDIF to soundbar instead of HDMI

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby Digital 5.1 - Partially Solved!0