Organizing Media and Main Page
Hi everyone!

Ive been using XBMC for well over two years now and this Forum has always been a great ressource when coming across a problm or having a question.
Right now, I am having a little problem with the way my media is organized/displayed and I couldnt find an answer on here - which is why i finally signed up and am hoping someone can help me out.

In a nuthshell:
I am using XBMC Gotham 13.1 with Aeon Nox.
Apart from Movies, TV Shows and Documentaries (which I have scraped as Shows, but seperated them via playlist), I now want to add family/private videos to the mix - Birthdays, Holiday Clips, Family Events, etc..

The media is organized like this:

C:\Family\Videos\Dennis Wedding\Ceremony.mpg
C:\Family\Videos\Dennis Wedding\First Dance.mpg
C:\Family\Videos\Dennis Wedding\Dads speech.mpg
C:\Family\Videos\My birthday 2012\Video1.mpg
C:\Family\Videos\My birthday 2012\Video2.mpg
etc

What I did so far was to manually add an .nfo file to each video, scrape the C:\Family\Videos folder as a "movie" folder and then use a custom home item and a playlist to capture these Clips

What I wanted to happen, and what in fact did work in XBMC Frodo is that when I select the customized home item "Clips", it shows me the different folders (Wedding, Birthday 2012, etc), and the clips then show up when I select a specific folder.

What happens now instead is that selecting "Clips" will result in all individual Films to be displayed on the same page.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Many Thanks guys (and girls)!
Nick
It sounds like previously you linked to the files view (the equivalent of going to Videos > Files > (Source), rather than - as now - showing it in a library view.

Manually created links to files view are something like

Code:
ActivateWindow(videos,protocol://path/of/source,return)

(Or, if you're using Nox 5, by selecting a source, choosing "Create shortcut to here" and selecting "Content not in library" from the list (or "Files view" if using the git version of script.skinshortcuts, changed to make it clearer what this option does). Selecting Movies at this point will create a smart playlist to show the content in the library view.)
Hi Unfledged

Thanks a million, your post sent me in the right direction!
It took some more playing around, but I made it work in the end. The key was to select Video Library->Source and then "not in library" instead of "movies".

Thanks again and have a nice weekend Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Organizing Media and Main Page0