Artists and Genres
Information 
I am having problems with Artists and Genres.

Artists
When I list by Artists I get all the artists, when all I really want is Just the Album Artists. I tried the compilation setting but that didn't make any difference. I get all the featured with artists etc, I just want the Main Artist. I realize this will cause all my compilation artists to show up as various, but that works for me.

Genres
Similar sort of problem, how do I get the Genre list just to show the main Genres, not the combines ones.
Eg I want the list to go:
Acid Jazz
Acoustic

I use MediaMonkey to keep my music clean (have done so for years), I am using ID3v2 tags with ASCII + UTF-16 (when needed) as my main settings.

Hope that makes sense, have done google but nothing gives a clear/obvious answer.
For genre, mediamonkey uses "; " as a separator but XBMC uses " / ". You maybe can fix with advancedsettings, but I gave up and converted all ID3 tags to APE since APE uses multiple tags, not separators.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Thanks Scott
Do you mean you converted your music to the APE format or you just did the tags? If just the tags how do you do that? I have had a look at advancedsetting and decided to leave it as a last resort.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artists and Genres0