Multiple MBID's not supportet?
Hello

I have all my music files tagged with Musicbrainz Picard but the files with several MBID artists during the creation of the database is not correctly detected. The MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID seperatet with a "; ". Are not supported Handle multiple MBID's or is the itemseparator wrong?
PS: I have already registered in the advancedsettings.xml the itemseparator and the genres are recognized correctly so I assume that this is right but is not used in MBID's.
This may help you out http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=198670
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5015
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for help.
The Version of jmarshall sounds better, using the ID3V2.4 Tag is not realy a good idea because many Tools don't support writing e.g. Mediamonkey.

But I don't understand why the Setting

<musiclibrary>
<itemseparator> / </ itemseparator> <- separator used for multiple artists / genres in tags. Note, this is * space ** slash ** space * ->
</ music library>

from the advancedsettings.xml is not used for the MBID's?
ok that works this way.
I'd only want it in the database view would be a separate entry for the album artistes, now everything is lumped together under artist and is confusing.
Is there a chance that this will be introduced again?
Sorry but apparently does not work this patch https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5015 yet. I have multiple entries in the Artist view of the same Artists.
For each Tite with several artists MBID an extra entry is created and also again for the ArtistID.
Has this patch been tested successfully?
IIUC that change is not pulled into master (Helix) yet? But this is why I use APE tags instead of ID3 tags. In APE it's one value per tag, so you use multiple tags if needed instead of separators in a single tag.

scott s.
But I want prevent to tag all files new because I have to invest almost half a year. Besides these MusicBrainz Picard can not write APE Tag's.
If I had always taged new the files if someone has advised me to then I would probably not live to see the final consummation itself Wink I think it would be more reasonable xbmc go to get the ID3v2.3 Tag's properly read and classified in the Database and for that I am also willing to cooperate and perform some tests. All the programs I use e.g. TwonkyServer MediaMonkey MusicBee Foobar2000 can easily handle the ID3v2.3 taged files but I think that is so because these programs ignore the MBID's. How does xbmc handle the MBID's, are the MBID's priority over the other Taggs, for example, be the Taggs "Artists MusicBrainz ID" instead of "Artist" or "Musicbrainz album ID" instead of "Album" used when the MBID's available?
I think that under the xbmc Artist MBID's are used for sorting in the database and the Artist ID's self for display e.g. "Musicbrainz artist ID" and "Artist", if it so then there is a big problem because in the Artist Tag are a Artist like "Tina Turner feat. Eros Ramazotti" one would have to adjust the tags like as Artist "Tina Turner; Eros Ramazotti" and MBID's "9072df14-b61e-42e2-b4f4-6bbb7fdb5586; 3ab7295a-54ac-40e8-b1b2-3d110a143550" the "; " as separator and then xbmc to get them also to be read, but I do not know if there is a standard for something offer the ID3 tag's and then what will make other programs so would.
I hope that jmarshal here times reports and further working.
Was this patch transferred in xbmc 13.2?
PS: Ups sorry I've seen this patch is pulled in xbmc 14 alpha3.

But only one Question, how are the mp3 files then tagged correctly? So specifically, if I have several MBID's in a mp3 and with a ";" separate but then I must also enter their ID's also just right?

I can not imagine that it works otherwise.
I use APE tags in MP3 files. Not a problem because in APE one tag = one field value. You just repeat the tag as often as needed (Vorbis Comment in FLAC works the same way).

I'm pretty sure there is one-to-one correspondence between album artist and MBID album artist tags, followed in order. Extra album artists (if any) do not get MBID assigned and extra MBID (if any) are ignored. Where I am not sure is with artist versus album artist. I'm not conversant enough in C++ to read the code and figure out exactly how it populates the database.

scott s.
To use APE Tags for MP3 is not realy a good idea because APE tags were not designed specifically to MP3 and so too will write these tags is not supported by many programs, APE Tags are prefered designed for Monkey's Audio Files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple MBID's not supportet?1