Linux Subtitle fonts: is it possible to use system-included ones?
As the title says, is it possible to choose among the system fonts for subtitle display, instead of having to manually copy font files to the XBMC folder? It don't even understand why such a setup exists in the first place.
That would be a big headache for a system that has hundreds of fonts installed. Copy only the one you want to use for text subtitles is enough. ASS subtitles would pull from system fonts anyway if not included in movie file.
It is a headache to have to copy font files when I have a working package manager that actually installs and updates them for me.
XBMC is designed for multiplatform purposed, so it would be a lot of headache on some systems /platform anyway. And you can only specify only one font to use for text based subtitle, so it's not something I believe a good practical design / usage.
I have never had to load any font anywhere for subs to work. So I can't even figure out what this complaint is about?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think he means to specify which font to use for text subtitles. He wants to have all system fonts available for selection in gui.
Oh subtitles via comic sans, wow!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If you really insist you can symlink your fonts directory to the directory where XBMC stores its fonts. I don't understand why you'd want to have all the fonts available though, the general use case is to select the font you want to use once, then you forget it and never touch the setting again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle fonts: is it possible to use system-included ones?0