Duplicate movie name conflict
Looked thru the faq and forum search but couldn't find this.

I have robocop 1987 and robocop 2014 on my nas. when I added 2014 the 1987 lost the skin info and I don't see the 2014 listed at all. I notice this when i have two movies with the same name. If i delete either, everything is fine.

1. Version of XBMC. 12.3
2. Windows Version + patch level 7sp1
3. CPU/Architecture x64
4. RAM amount 8gb
5. Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem. simply add two different movies with the same name.
Best to use dates in the title... e.g. Robocop (1987) and Robocop (2014) helps the auto scrape. The same name with the same date is unlikely, you can also keep the same name for the files and just change the movie folder's name and use folder names in the scrape srttings. As to your 'lost' titles, I suspect you'll have to manually copy them off the system, do a system clean-up and then copy them back with suggested name alterations. Give theRenamer a try, drag & drop simplicity, and includes the date in it's own movie folder.
I had to change both directories to a name other than exactly robocop. I changed the first to robocop1987 and then the other to robocop2014 and both showed on the list without skin info. I changed the movie info for each to the correct movie and now both show as simply Robocop but you can tell which is which by the poster and fanart.

Thanks for the suggestion, it worked perfectly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate movie name conflict0