TMDB TV Series Scraper
Hi,

Now that the TMDB has TV Series operating does anyone know if there is a TMDB TV Series scraper out there for XBMC or if there are any plans for one? This is a sorely needed add-on. The TVDB just is not cutting it anymore and the TMDB has an excellent TV series setup going on with all sorts of cool extras like language translations episode info etc etc.
Yes, there is a scraper made up some time ago for internal testing, but the author has been extremely busy of late.

I'll track it down and publish it more widely for testing, and for adoption by someone else for authorship.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Here you go:

https://github.com/jmarshallnz/metadata....oviedb.org

Note this is reasonably old, and untested by me. It's the work of ScudLee. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This is great, thanks Jonathon. I will give it a go and report back. Cheers.
Thanks for sharing this Jonathan. I’ll mention it to some TMDb users for testing as well.
I guess this one is only installable via zip file?

Anything to watch out for?

/edit
OK just tested for the first time and it doesn't seem to work well on my end. The different series' are getting recognized just fine, but there are no episodes in any of them... It scanned just fine in TVDB scraper Big Grin I just have a lot of empty series now Big Grin Also fanarts are totally off Big Grin they show fine in overview, but when I'm selecting a series there's a totally different fanart^^
Hey mihawk90,

I haven't even tested this yet. I was busy moving this past weekend and only got my network set back up last night. I'll give it a spin in a bit to see if I am seeing similar behaviour.
Hi,

I have been testing this for the past few days and have had similar issues as Mihawk90. I tested in three languages and it picked these up fine as far as the titles are concerned; it scrapes ok but when you go into that particular series there are no episodes listed.
Hi all,

I'm deeply sorry for my continued absence. Real life is consuming too much of my time to really help out any more. Sad

That said, I don't like seeing my work out in the wild broken, so I've quickly fixed it back up:

https://mega.co.nz/#!powhTBpC!2EsywYGKEy...8volTUP3YU
(Only the tmdb.xml has changed.)

The main issue here was with ids being added to episodes and images since it was originally made.

It all seems to work, but I've only tested it quickly, so there could still be other issues.
Thanks for the fix scudlee. My basic tests also look like they are working but I haven't given it that much time yet.

Don't feel bad about life getting in the way… we all know what that's like!
I created a Pull Request for the latest change. I hope you don't mind Smile

If you want to make a pull request on your own, go ahead Smile

As for the functionality, the scanning and display seems to be fine, but for some reason the "Get Artwork" (I think this is from Artwork Downloader Addon(?)) button inside the series info won't work (working fine when scanning with TVDB. Also there appears to be no poster for "all seasons", but I don't know if this is connected to the scraper in any way.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but somewhat large shows are taking forever to be scanned (currently Bleach is scanning for 10min alraedy and it's not even at 50%). Didn't have any issues with TVDB scraper, kinda weird :/
/edit
10min later and it's at ~75% (still Bleach), something's definitely wrong there :/ Also rescanned with TVDB and it took about 1min to finish Big Grin
Mine is working great, I have not tested on large series but everything else appears ok so far.
Thumbs Up 
i really like this addon
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=200504
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB TV Series Scraper0