Win Artist Search Not found problem
Music 
I have a very large Music collection, over 800 artists and 4000 albums which have all been digitalized (Almost 3 TB. of data, each artist in their own folder) and I use XBMC to sort through the mayhem...

As can be expected, a few Artists are not found by any of the scrapers when loaded to XBMC.
But pictures cannot be added to these Artists without doing a Artist Search.
When an Artist search is done on these Unknown Artists using any (I have tried them all) of the Scrapers available, NO data is found and No picture can be added because I am stuck at the Artist Name Search window.

Before Gotham I was able to trick, I mean work around this by changing the name of the artist, just slightly, so a finished Name search could be done, then I could select an artist name, with no visible data entry, then add the correct picture to the folder so at least visually it was correct. The Name of the Artist displayed outside the search DID NOT change, only the search name was altered.

Now if I try that runaround the Artist name also changes, So I have no Data, I can add a Picture but the Artists name is forced to be incorrect.
(Example- The Correct Name of the Artist is Leeann Atherton, but no Name search results are found and I am stuck at the Artist Name entry, BUT if I change her name to just Leeann a Leeann "Somebuddy-else" will be found, then I can add the correct picture but the name is now displayed incorrectly as Leeann "Somebuddy-else".

I noticed the ".nfo" scraper which says it only uses local data, but it too stalls at the Artist Name search every time. So maybe I am doing something incorrect with that scrapper...

Am I doing something wrong?

Is there a workaround?

How does the ".nfo" scraper work?

Thank you for all that you do, you have made my large collection more manageable, playable and enjoyable
Artist.nfo file in the parent folder can be used to set the (first) album artist data, then you can add a thumb. Otherwise I think you can include similar data in an xml file and use database import (name is the entry to match the import file to your database).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Scott967 thank you for your reply.
I have created nfo files with both "Artist" and the actual Artist name (eg. Beatles) and put it in the parent folder, but nfo scraper does not see it.
I am at wits end, all I want to do is add an artist picture to display and I am stopped at every turn. Until the day that EVERY Music Artist and EVERY Movie in the whole world is added to the database this will be a problem. Why is there not a easy fix for this??
It is impossible that I am the only person in this endless circle...
Maybe I am posting this question incorrectly, someone must have come across this...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Search Not found problem0