Linux "Status" -> "Errors" with some transponders / services
Hi folks,

what does the "Errors"-field in "Status"-Tab (Webinterface) mean ?

For an unknown reason I get on some services at two muxes "Errors" which are visible in livetv through a pixelated picture (RTL HD, RTL2 HD, VOX HD, n-tv HD and RTL Nitro HD). The services are HD/h.264, DVB-S2 (I receive a lot more DVB-S2 services which are running fine without problems). Another service at one of the trouble mux doesn't cause errors (Super RTL HD fine vs RTL Nitro HD bad).

I have simply no idea what causes these errors - since rest runs fine I don't think it's a hardware issue - and what I could change in settings to avoid these.

Maybe someone has a suggestion !?

Greetz

LCS
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
For testing purposes - to eliminate doubts about cables and LNB - I replaced my media center with a sat receiver, which did'nt show any problems with pixelated pictures.

The problem is obviously inside the media center pc ..

Here is an example picture of the mentioned errror status:

Whereas the "adapter" doesn't report errors, the "active subscription" does - every error leads to pixelated picture ..

Greetz

LCS
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Hi,

This shows exactly what happened to my system and a few others running tvh with xbmc/openelec. Obviously this problem is only happening on RTL group transponders and appeared from one day to the other. I checked with different cards (hd01 and hd02) - still same issue. I'm wondering what happend on the sat and/or card side since everything else can be excluded (hardware, dvb cards, xbmc, openelec, et cetera).

Only things I can image are:
- slight transponder shift (read something from one guy manually moving the transponder a few MHz)?
- cards need updates / changes in the encryption algorithm?
- RTL group changed video/audio codec?

My next steps will be deleting the affected channels from the channel list and re-scan the transponder. Also a card update might be necessary (will try to get a receiver since I have no clue if card updates via oscam will work).

Are there any other backend users around having the same issues?

Best regards,
b.letas
(2014-07-14, 14:00)b.letas Wrote: Hi,

This shows exactly what happened to my system and a few others running tvh with xbmc/openelec. Obviously this problem is only happening on RTL group transponders and appeared from one day to the other. I checked with different cards (hd01 and hd02) - still same issue. I'm wondering what happend on the sat and/or card side since everything else can be excluded (hardware, dvb cards, xbmc, openelec, et cetera).

Only things I can image are:
- slight transponder shift (read something from one guy manually moving the transponder a few MHz)?
- cards need updates / changes in the encryption algorithm?
- RTL group changed video/audio codec?

My next steps will be deleting the affected channels from the channel list and re-scan the transponder. Also a card update might be necessary (will try to get a receiver since I have no clue if card updates via oscam will work).

Are there any other backend users around having the same issues?

Best regards,
b.letas

Great to hear, that this is not a single person problem with an aura of technical and unresolvable mystery :-)

hm .. I would exclude code word client issues since super rtl hd runs fine which is part of rtl group .. and I could activate my hd02 card via client, so this doesn't seem to be the problem, too. I deleted the transponders, added them again as told by rtl groups website and did a service rescan without luck. The sat receiver did his job without changing settings or rescanning.

The only differnce I discovered after rescan was, that encryption is no longer called "Nagravision" by tvheadend but by its numeric equivalent ...

To find the problem it would be nice to know what are the reasons tvheadend will raise error messages ..

So long

LCS
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Actually it's exactly one transponder including 4 channels having this issue (RTL HD, RTL 2 HD, VOX HD, N-TV HD), referred to http://de.kingofsat.net/tp.php?tp=63 .
What's that with that numeric equivalent to Nagra?
Instead of "Nagravision" in the encryption column in the services table there is the entry "0x1843".

I got the same problem with RTL Nitro HD on transponder 11082. Super RTL HD on the sme transponder works flawlessly.

Greetz

LCS
UNCHAINED Demo Group
We have it. with both, 0x1830 and 0x1843. Will check Nitro HD too. Tvheadend error message "continuity counter error" points to mpeg stream drops or duplicates. Did you try to update OSCAM? Maybe this report should be posted in tvh / oscam forums as well!? We did a rescan of services with no success. I'm running out of ideas.
(2014-07-15, 09:39)b.letas Wrote: We have it. with both, 0x1830 and 0x1843. Will check Nitro HD too. Tvheadend error message "continuity counter error" points to mpeg stream drops or duplicates. Did you try to update OSCAM? Maybe this report should be posted in tvh / oscam forums as well!? We did a rescan of services with no success. I'm running out of ideas.

but nagra 3 is used by all/most hd+ channels. Can't imagine that there was changed something in the encryption algo since then standalone sat receivers had to be updated before. The decryption isn't not done in key card but in CSA decoder unit, updatin the algo via emm not possible.

We should check tv with another backend, maybe tvh has some problems with the mpeg stream as you suggested. I'd like to test it with mplayer or vlc but didn't find a way to use oscam with them.

I guess that RTL Group changed something in the stream and tvh has problems with that change (maybe you remember, that some receivers had some problems with ZDF HD in the beginning too)

Greetz

LCS
UNCHAINED Demo Group
@LastCoder - I see that you're running the release version of tvheadend, which is getting pretty old now and has experienced (suffered? Smile ) some major rewrites recently. It'd be worth trying the master branch to see if that shows the same issues, although there's active debugging going on with the encryption stuff at the moment so you *might* get other problems, so I wouldn't recommend making a complete migration until you know either way.
(2014-07-15, 10:05)Prof Yaffle Wrote: @LastCoder - I see that you're running the release version of tvheadend, which is getting pretty old now and has experienced (suffered? Smile ) some major rewrites recently. It'd be worth trying the master branch to see if that shows the same issues, although there's active debugging going on with the encryption stuff at the moment so you *might* get other problems, so I wouldn't recommend making a complete migration until you know either way.

Thanks for the hint Big Grin but my wife would kill me if the living room media center breaks Rofl so updating without knowing the reason doesn't seem to be the best idea in that case - never touch a (widely) running system. And I don't think it's an encryption issue.

I asked the VDR guys if the have the same problems - if not, we know at least it's a TVH problem ..

Greetz

LCS
UNCHAINED Demo Group
LastCoder, what's the OSCAM version you are running? We have "oscam 1.10 rc-svn #6089" on raspi and "oscam 1.10 #0" on ubuntu 12.04. I'd go for some newer releases for the pi to double-check.
I wouldn't recommend updating TVH as well. Every newer version I tested came with new and/or old errors so far. Also Adam from TVH is far from being able to release a stable new version in regards to his new family job as mentioned in his forum and news.
Transponder info on kingofsat showed me that the whole transponder has been rebuild by RTL group for releasing new channels and satellite shifted to Astra 1KR some time beginning July. Exactly the time when our problem occured.
using oscam 1.20. vdr is fine, no errors. must be a tvh issue.

kingofsat reports transponder frequency at 10832,25 .. read, that some guys have to use 10834 .. will try ..

btw. FernetMenta told, that vdpau accel is very sensitive to mpeg stream errors which lead to pixelation. I use vdpau.
UNCHAINED Demo Group
- 10834 or 10832,25 didn't solve the problem
- vdpau disabled didn't make a difference
- disabling full mux reception, PMT monitoring didn't help
- FernetMenta reports pixelation errors with VDR !

what the hell did the RTL guys when adding N-TV HD ??!
UNCHAINED Demo Group
There must be one thing we all have in common since I assume there would be more error reports around.
what are your hardwarespecs, especially dvb s2 card ? we both use ubuntu 12.04 !? maybe a driver/firmware update ?
UNCHAINED Demo Group

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Status" -> "Errors" with some transponders / services0