Linux "Status" -> "Errors" with some transponders / services
We all use (6 systems so far) Tevii S480 v1/v2 pcie x2 on different "servers" with hp n54l (turion) and intel i5 / i7 and latest intel xeon. all systems have software raid up to 20TB pooled with mdadm raid1.
hm .. totally different cards, but both supported by kernel

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Techno...et_S2-1600
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TeVii_S480

Do you use ubuntu 12.04 on all machines ?
My kernel version is 3.2.0-52-generic-pae
Ubuntu version 12.04.04 LTS (latest updates installed)
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
We have 12.4, 12.10 and 13.04 (most systems) running 3.8.0-33-generic x86_64. Doesn't point to cards and hardware for me. There is some newish firmware stuff available from tevii site but I really don't think this will do the job..
What did the FernetMenta find out so far?

Found FernetMenta and the thread
will test it with openelec . tried mldhd but it's to much pain to get hd channels working..
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
UNCHAINED Demo Group
I will try mldhd. I've never heard of that before. Maybe I get a VDR backend working in live mode with that. The only other backend I tried someday was Myth - that was simply a pain in the a**.Wink

As frontend I tried xbmc on ubuntu and windows as well as all openelec stables and betas. Same result so far.
ok, I'm running out of ideas:

Took an OpenElec Live System, connected to smargo via network instead of local easymouse ... same errors

It's not the os, it's not the cardreader, since we are the only guys with that problem it's most likely not tvheadend, it's not the lnb, cable or something else since standalone sat receiver works .. we both use different DVB-S2 cards .. what the hell is going on ..

the only thing I didn't change is the HD+ card .. will try another, will try to update mine in a sat receiver ..
UNCHAINED Demo Group
We have HD01 and HD02. Same thing in both. Yes, please try an update via Receiver. We don't have one
bad or good news: tested channels with a cs line ..same errors ! .. it's definitely not the card or cwc. So what is left ? if we exclude everything, that we don't have in common only tvheadend is left as error source. must try a different backend ..
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Searched hours to find another dvb-s card in my men's cave. No success. I'd really like to try mldhd but my wife kills me if I touch the "running" system.
I've had same issues from one day to another. RTL-Group must have changed some things in their streams because this only happens on their streams. Solution was an update of tvheadend from 3.4.xxx to 3.9.570 (note that is not the latest version as thus is very unstable). All continue errors are gone so this is not in a affect of the dvb-s card. Errors are back with version 3.9.400 by the way so something must be updated/corrected between .400 and .570. The biggest challenge was the migration of settings from 3.4 to 3.9 but there is a migration script that changes the settings - or you start at zero.
thx for the info ! As guessed last it's a problem of tvheadend .. okay .. I guess I'll wait for a stable version and watch RTL Groups SD channels meanwhile (what suckz, if you're used to HD quality SD is so 90's Big Grin

I would report that to tvheadend forum but I have no idea what to report Rolleyes

Btw. where can I get 3.9.570 ?

Greetz

LCS
UNCHAINED Demo Group
As I wrote the newer versions of tvheadend don't have this issue so it's solved. But there are other issues last time (last two months) such as incomplete or chunked recordings, many lost connections to xbmc (this is annoying) and more. I've found and installed an older version (3.9.570) that works for me without issues. May have a look here: http://vdr4bj1.no-ip.org
Thanks for the link .. will give it a try !
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Hey,
For some reason all artefacts are gone without changing anything on my side. Can anyone confirm?

brgds
upgraded to 3.9.570 .. and everything rocks again ! So far this version runs flawlessly, with some improvements in channel management, but a little bit different in configuring the services and muxes ..

.. thanks to _BJ1 for the hint (and the hint about changing TVH user in /etc/default ..)

btw you get every single build you wish from here too

https://tvheadend.org/builds/tvheadend

Greetz

LCS
UNCHAINED Demo Group

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Status" -> "Errors" with some transponders / services0