Looking for filename verification, please.
So I'm trying to keep XBMC from having to go online for information by placing all relevant info and files in each movie folder. Here's what I have:

.Actor (folder with all actors in the movie)
Movie.mkv
Movie.nfo
movie-fanart.jpg
movie-poster.jpg
banner.jpg
cdart.png
clearart.png
fanart.jpg
logo.png
poster.jpg
thumb.jpg

Inside the NFO file looks like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<movie>
    <title>Movie</title>
    <originaltitle>Movie</originaltitle>
    <sorttitle>Movie 01</sorttitle>
    <set>Movie Collection</set>

<year>2003</year>

<plot>This is an awesome movie; you should watch it!</plot>

<tagline>The beginning of the Movie legacy!</tagline>

<runtime>107</runtime>

<thumb aspect="poster" preview="poster.jpg">poster.jpg</thumb>
    <fanart><thumb preview="fanart.jpg">fanart.jpg</thumb></fanart>

<mpaa>Rated PG-13</mpaa>

<playcount>0</playcount>
    <lastplayed></lastplayed>

<genre>Action</genre>
    <genre>Crime</genre>

<country>United States of America</country>

<credits>Mr. Money</credits>
    <credits>Mr. Fame</credits>
    <director>Mr. Camera</director>

<studio>Awesome Pictures</studio>

<trailer></trailer>

<actor>
        <name>Mr. Actor</name>
        <role>The Hero</role>
        <order>0</order>
        <thumb>Mr._Actor.jpg</thumb>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Mrs. Actress</name>
        <role>Irrelevant</role>
        <order>1</order>
        <thumb>Mrs._Actress.jpg</thumb>
    </actor>

<resume>
       <position>0.000000</position>
       <total>0.000000</total>
    </resume>

</movie>

Am I missing anything, or being redundant anywhere?
I'm trying to cover my bases with different Skins as well. For Poster, do they look for Poster.jpg, or Movie-poster.jpg? Thus, I have both.
Why not just use a scraping program to do it all for you. I use media companion and it automatically gets the actor images, fan art, poster, ect and creates the .nfo file.
I would prefer not to. Also, thanks for reminding me... I forgot that I also have an Actor folder in each movie.
Don't forget: landscape.jpeg, extrafanart folder and/or extrathumbs folder, though to query again what LazerBlue wrote...why?
The "scrapers" still point online. If you open the NFO file, you'll see the URLs.
Anyhow, I just like to have my library complete and self-contained. I'm anal like that.
What scraper do you have set for that source? There is an option to use 'local info only' - do you have that set?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hmm... I see that option. If I choose that and then Export my Library... will it local-link all the images, or still use the URL for IMDB/TVDB?
That's basically what I'm referring to. I know XBMC should check locally before updating from the internet, so I want to make sure it never has to access the internet. I'm putting all relevant files in each movie directory, and manually editing the NFO files to my liking.

Oh, and speaking of local files... anyone know of a more complete "Fantart" site? Some older movies (like the original Friday the 13th movies) don't have Clearart, Disc art, etc. on Fanart.tv or TVDB.
(2014-07-15, 09:32)McCordRM Wrote: I know XBMC should check locally before updating from the internet, so I want to make sure it never has to access the internet.

Would be easier if you added xbmc to be blocked in firewall settings.

Alternately you can use google images and type disc or artwork/covers, etc after the movie title and possible get artwork for the ones you don't have
(2014-07-15, 09:32)McCordRM Wrote: Hmm... I see that option. If I choose that and then Export my Library... will it local-link all the images, or still use the URL for IMDB/TVDB?
That's basically what I'm referring to. I know XBMC should check locally before updating from the internet, so I want to make sure it never has to access the internet. I'm putting all relevant files in each movie directory, and manually editing the NFO files to my liking.

Oh, and speaking of local files... anyone know of a more complete "Fantart" site? Some older movies (like the original Friday the 13th movies) don't have Clearart, Disc art, etc. on Fanart.tv or TVDB.
If you set the scraper to "local information only" my understanding is that xbmc will not use the internet.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It's amazing how many actors don't have a photo, too. Grr...
I need to learn Photoshop or something... so many "classic" movies just don't have banners, clearlogos, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for filename verification, please.0