Slow Music Library Update mySQL
I continue to encounter the same behavior over the past few years, and have never found an answer for it. This issue has persisted through Frodo and Gotham, both using mySQL libraries for music on smb shares (Windows 7).

The first time I scan my entire music library, which consists of about 26,000 music files, it takes about an hour to complete, which is understandable. I then, as a test, select the option to update my music library, which only takes a minute or so, which is to be expected. I will test it again after a couple of days, and still only takes a minute to update.

Then after a few weeks or more, i might add a few files to my library and do an update. This time, it takes an hour again, hitting every file along the way, as if it is seeing the library for the first time.

Has anybody else experienced this?
Your Debug Log will probably tell you why (or give some hints as to why).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I wasn't able to enable logging prior to the secondary, slow scan this time, however when i run the library update, it appears it is scanning the library twice as the onscreen dialog begins over once it reaches the last entry. I've confirmed that there is only 1 music db in mysql, so not sure why it would do this.

Here is the log, you can see at line 2894 where reaches the end and starts the second scan. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=245820
Any suggestions?
Hard to tell exactly what's going on, but I bet a peek in your database (the path table) will show you the problem.

If you have the same paths listed twice (e.g. perhaps once with user/pass and once without?) then that'll be the problem.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow Music Library Update mySQL0