HP MCE Remote Not Working ON XBMCUbuntu
Just installed XBMCUbuntu on a Intel Haswell NUC with built in IR sensor and the remote doesn't work. I've run LIRC config and selected Windows MCE remote and "none" for transmitter like some of the 3-5 year old threads I've been looking through said to do but no luck.

I have a couple of SSD drives to try different operating systems and this same NUC running OpenELEC works great. I can't get OpenELEC to work with my Live TV setup but the remote works great and I get the the LIve TV setup to work on XBMCUbuntu but the remote doesn't work. I've been at this all day. and there doesn't seem to be any current threads on this. Anyone have any suggestions?
I had this problem. I solved it by editing the /etc/init/xbmcbuntu-wait script and modprobing the nuvuton controller. I also added a sleep to allow my network to become available before starting xbmc, otherwise xbmcbuntu could not connect to my mysql server. The last part of my script now looks like this:

Quote:script
status xbmcbuntu | grep -q "start/running" && exit 0

# modprobe the IR controller
modprobe -r nuvoton-cir
echo "auto" > "/sys/bus/acpi/devices/NTN0530:00/physical_node/resources"
modprobe nuvoton-cir

# wait for the network to become available
sleep 20

start xbmcbuntu || true

# Waiting forever is ok.. upstart will kill this job when
# the service-a we tried to start above either starts or stops
while sleep 3600 ; do :; done
end script
(2014-07-13, 14:22)tssgery Wrote: I had this problem. I solved it by editing the /etc/init/xbmcbuntu-wait script and modprobing the nuvuton controller. I also added a sleep to allow my network to become available before starting xbmc, otherwise xbmcbuntu could not connect to my mysql server. The last part of my script now looks like this:

Quote:script
status xbmcbuntu | grep -q "start/running" && exit 0

# modprobe the IR controller
modprobe -r nuvoton-cir
echo "auto" > "/sys/bus/acpi/devices/NTN0530:00/physical_node/resources"
modprobe nuvoton-cir

# wait for the network to become available
sleep 20

start xbmcbuntu || true

# Waiting forever is ok.. upstart will kill this job when
# the service-a we tried to start above either starts or stops
while sleep 3600 ; do :; done