System File Manager Missing Files!
I had noticed one particular set of tv shows was not appearing in the video list. So, I added the network path to the system file manager in xbmc. When I go to the Season 0 directory, I see all the files. When I go to the season 1 or later directories, XBMC file manager sees no files at all.

When I use Windows 8.1 file manager, I see the files. I have the network share mapped as the Z drive, so, looking at the Z drive in Windows file manager, and, xbmc file manager. So, same login, security, everything thusly.

Why would Windows show the files (and they should be as permissions, etc. are there), but, XBMC not see them! Very strange issue. Using current Gotham build.
Have you tried removing the share from XBMC and trying again ?

A debug log might help to with getting more help for you ?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy
Actually, I did exactly that, removed it, cleaned, and put it back, several times.The wiki says not to post debug logs?
ALWAYS post Debug Log s. Just don't post them inline. Use a pastebin site and link to it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Not in here as a cut and paste, but it is needed to assist you,

See section 3.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708
file ownership
file permissions
directory ownership
directory permissions
file naming (no really windows sometimes does funny things with extensions)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok, so, before I post them, let me make sure I will do the right thing... What I was planning on doing was killing the library again by removing the video source for TV shows. Then clean. Then, turn on debug, and then add the source. Let it do it's thing while adding episodes, etc., and, then turn off debug. Think that would do it?

I think it has to do with nfo files as generated by MediaElch. I noticed a very strange thing. If I only had 6 episodes, with nfo files, it works. If I had 8 episodes and nfo files, it did not work and it would see no episodes.
Well this is more info than you posted originally.

Have you tried without the nfo files and let XBMC scrape the info for you.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136333&page=84

I see you are asking here as well.

I have BSG and interestingly I don't have a Season 0 folder (unsure why, but may be a crossover from something else I was using )

My structure :

Miniseries
Series 01
Series 02
Series 03
Series 04
The Plan
The Resistance
Battlestar Galactica Razor Flashbacks
Blood and Chrome
Face Of The Enemy
Razor

Unsure how I got it all scraped, but think it was quite a pain.
Yes, it's more info as I experimented more. 6 seems to be the key number. 6 nfo files in any season, and, that season directory shows up. If I have 7, they do not. I can then delete any of the 7 (not just the 7th one added), and, it display again. So, it shouldn't be a problem with content ion the nfo files since *any* 7 of them fail. Have not done the log yet.
Here's the requested info. I believe version and everything like that is in the debug log. Machine has 8Gb ram. I started with an empty library, cleaned. I turned debug log on. I then went to videos, cliked on Add videos, and, browsed to the file path z:\TV Shows and then hit ok. I allowed the name to be the same, TV Shows, and clicked ok. In the directory contains, I scrolled to TV SHows and left the scraper at default, TVDB. Kept the bottom options at default, ie.. did not say single tv show, etc. Clicked ok. It asked me if I wanted to refresh info for all items in the path, and I said yes. Now, I click on TV Shows, and, Battle Star Galactica. It shows Season 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 folders. I click on season 0, and, I see 5 episodes. (all 5 episodes have nfo). I now go back up one level, and, click on season 1. No videos are found there. There are 13 episodes in that folder, and, all of them have nfo files). I go back up a level, and click season 2. All 20 episodes show up. 6 of them have nfo files, episodes 2-7.

If I add one nfo file to season 2, it will not show a single episode, just like season 1. So, I turn debugging off.

Link to the log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=246153
So, I found a thread over at scootersoftware titled can't list more than 32 files per folder. I believe the issue to be some sort of incompatibility with OSX 10.9 server and smb file sharing. The document claims disabling smb2 and smb3 in Windows client makes it work. I'd rather go the other way, and, turn off smb on Mavericks server and load samba3 to do the share. The relevant text is "The difference appears to be controlled by whether the Windows application uses the FIND_FIRST_EX_LARGE_FETCH flag with FindFirstFileEx; if you use it Mavericks works and if you don't it doesn't."

I temporarily moved the tv shows to local Windows drive, and, added that as a source, and, it all works fine. So, this does indicate a smb issue. Since afp is broken in xbmc, I don't see another good sharing method. I'll just load up samba3 on the server and it should be fine. I'd rather use samba anyway.

In case anyone else has this very odd issue.
what about nfs?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Are you sure that you are selecting the right BSG.

I can remember a problem I had differentiating between the 2003 series and the original series.
All works having loaded samba3 onto the server. No issue now. So, hope this helps someone with a similar situation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
System File Manager Missing Files!0