Add-ons aren't showing up
I just started using XBMC (so I'm on 13.1) and I'm trying to get more add-ons. However, after I select XMBC.org Add-ons, I'm missing a lot of the sections. For example, I don't even have a movie information section. I tried check for updates and force refresh but nothing has changed. I also tried deleting the userdata/addons folder and the addons16.db. Again, nothing has changed.

What's going on here, and how should I try to fix this?
Hitting 'get addons' should bring up the screen for XBMC.or addons, at which point the command key © should bring a menu with force refresh. I that doesn't give you the listings, then something is interfering or corrupted this process. My suggestion would be to uninstall non official XBMC repository add-on's and try refresh again (looking at the debug log doing this process might reveal a blockage, or failure.) failing that a full re-install to restore functionality to this part of the program.

Proper debug log posted to a paste bin and linked back to this forum would help.
(2014-07-14, 16:34)PatK Wrote: Hitting 'get addons' should bring up the screen for XBMC.or addons, at which point the command key © should bring a menu with force refresh. I that doesn't give you the listings, then something is interfering or corrupted this process. My suggestion would be to uninstall non official XBMC repository add-on's and try refresh again (looking at the debug log doing this process might reveal a blockage, or failure.) failing that a full re-install to restore functionality to this part of the program.

Proper debug log posted to a paste bin and linked back to this forum would help.

I've already tried the force refresh, however it just brings up the same listings. My issue seems that there are a lot of missing listings (i.e. there's no movie information). Is it just because there aren't that many add-ons for Gotham?

Here's a debug log.
(2014-07-14, 00:08)Shadow_ Wrote: I also tried deleting the userdata/addons folder and the addons16.db.

Looking at your log, doing that has deleted a bunch of things that XBMC needs to function correctly. In future, should you need to rebuild the addons database (if it gets corrupted or something) just delete the addonsxx.db file, not the whole addons directory. That way XBMC will rescan your addons when it starts.

I think your best bet is to re-install it, so the addons folder is recreated with the basic stuff in place.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-07-14, 22:16)black_eagle Wrote:
(2014-07-14, 00:08)Shadow_ Wrote: I also tried deleting the userdata/addons folder and the addons16.db.

Looking at your log, doing that has deleted a bunch of things that XBMC needs to function correctly. In future, should you need to rebuild the addons database (if it gets corrupted or something) just delete the addonsxx.db file, not the whole addons directory. That way XBMC will rescan your addons when it starts.

I think your best bet is to re-install it, so the addons folder is recreated with the basic stuff in place.

I had this issue with pretty much a fresh install of XBMC. I had only imported a few movies and didn't touch any of the settings or program files when I noticed this problem. So then I tried deleting just the addonsxx.db file and that didn't fix the problem.

Basically, I'm hesitant to reinstall it because I finally seemed to get everything setup and I'm not sure if the reinstall will fix the issue. Do I have any other options or should I just do the reinstall?
Forcing a refresh of the repository would likely have cured it. You have 'script.module.simplejson', 'script.module.beautifulsoup', 'script.common.plugin.cache' missing to name but three. You can't install any addons, because they depend on these missing scripts. Just re-install it. Back up your databases (music & video) if you want to, but it's probably just as easy to rebuild them anyway. XBMC will not overwrite them anyway, I don't think, just put back what is missing.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-07-14, 23:06)black_eagle Wrote: Forcing a refresh of the repository would likely have cured it. You have 'script.module.simplejson', 'script.module.beautifulsoup', 'script.common.plugin.cache' missing to name but three. You can't install any addons, because they depend on these missing scripts. Just re-install it. Back up your databases (music & video) if you want to, but it's probably just as easy to rebuild them anyway. XBMC will not overwrite them anyway, I don't think, just put back what is missing.

I reinstalled XBMC, did a force refresh and I'm still having the same issue. The main add-on I want is Universal Movie Scraper, and the listing movie information isn't there. I tried to manually install it from the zip, and it says dependencies missing. On the wiki page, it says Repo: XBMC.org (v12), XBMC.org (v11). Is this the issue? Should I install v12?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-ons aren't showing up0