Android Vidon's new box
MOD EDIT: It turns out that Lasthh works for VidOnMe. What a sham.

Edit: From Vidon's Facebook they said the hardware selling price is $49!!! If this is true i would definitely buy one.

Hi all, I'm looking for a xbmc box and I just found this:

The spec seems good and it's black look also pretty and appealing to me.
What are you thinking?
It looks like a JPG with out any useful chipset info.
I found the detailed specifications:

Allwinner A31s ARM Cortex™-A7 Quad-core CPU
PowerVR™ SGX544MP2 Eight-Core GPU
1GB DDR3 RAM
8GB Flash
Black Immersion Gold Board Manufacturing Process

Interfaces:
Optical Audio
HDMI 1.4
USB 2.0 X 2
Standard RJ45
DC Jack

Network Connection
WiFi:IEEE 802.11b/g/n
10/100 Ethernet
doesnt seem that impressive to me
Wink 

VidOn Box will built-in VidOn XBMC, that's exactly what you want.

VidOn XBMC supports Blu-ray Menu Navigation, 3D Blu-ray Playback, AC3/DTS 5.1 SPDIF passthrough and DTS-HD/TrueHD HDMI passthrough.

You will love it.
oh k if it has a good ir remote and if it had 2gb of ram and 1000 ethernet and 4k support maybe, and no usb 3 either

depending on price i guess for the functions it has, if its over $100 au dollars i wouldnt even consider it -personnaly.

and when i say good remote good for xbmc with the functions needed to drive xbmc well.
Why would a client box need 1gbit Ethernet? I mean, it'd be nice and all, but if it's the client, I can't imagine a single mainstream media type that would saturate 100mbit. ...And I doubt that XBMC supports CinemaDNG or Red R3D raw formats. Tongue
While I agree 100mbit ethernet is sufficient for media streaming, a future proof box would need at least 2gb of ram (fluid browsing with heavy skins), CEC, H265, infrared, and AC wifi. Anything below that means replacing the box in the middle term.
Looks like it's pretty much the same as the AV200 but in a new casing.
Yes, the specification looks much like AV200, but it has only 1GB RAM, and we believe 1GB is enough, because we are optimizing VidOn XBMC.
And why we use 1GB RAM, the answer will be announced by the end of July. I think this will definitely give you a shock.
Now vidon provide a few free boxs which can be applied on http://vidon.me/who_will_get_free_box.htm, hope I'm the lucky one
And if you guess out the right price, you will also get a VidOn Box for Free!
Good Luck to you! Smile
Wolly, you have been warned before

consider this to be your final warning:
no advertising on our forum!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
OK, just wanna send some free box to users who love XBMC. We just want XBMC to be more powerful.
Thanks!
Nah, thanks I already got the old model.

I´m waiting for the next generation which hopefully replaces htpcs AND mini PCs power and usage.

But I see a nice usage for a little box with "just" enough power for XBMC and nothing else running and working on it.

A few month before my wife wanted to toss out my gamer PC I would have liked something like that.

But now I want something more powerful and I hope the Zotac AQ01 gives that Smile

But good luck and I hope Allwinner is not as bad with this chipset as they were with A31.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vidon's new box2