Android Vidon's new box
(2014-07-19, 04:18)Jayce Wrote: Interesting, I noticed the VidOn.me logo on the index page of XBMC.org, it's a sponsor,
But it seems a sponsor can not discuss their box (built-in XBMC) here.
I'm a newbie, cannot understand.
If no people share good products, how do we know there are many amazing box on the world.
After all, XBMC needs to run on hardware.

Just my opinion, I know you have your own rules.

It's a situation that's somewhat new for us. Personally, I'm not too bothered with what's being said in this thread, since other users brought it up first, but I do agree that the previous situation ( http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1719397 ) was a bit annoying and needed to be scaled back. Because of that situation, all following situations with the same company/person are likely to be scrutinized more.

Being a sponsor or not doesn't really give a company any extra rights. Companies (sponsors or not) are allowed to mention their products if someone brings it up, and they can even mention special sales and promotions, but we ask that they run it past Team XBMC first. I'm not sure if this was clear to Wolly before or not.

As thankful as we are of sponsors for helping support XBMC, that doesn't mean we can put our defenses down about people advertising on the forums, so I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to ask Wolly to tone it down. If Wolly/VidOn.Me want to tell users about these promotions then Team XBMC needs to approve it first. If it's just talking about the unit itself and providing support, no approval is needed.

Like I said, it's a new situation for all of us. We're thankful, yet cautious, but we mean no offense to anyone. We just want to protect XBMC.org.
(2014-07-21, 12:33)Alisa Wrote: I want a free box. How to guess?

You have to guess how many jelly beans are in this jar:

Correct, the answer is purple!
They announced the hardware price and the result of game: http://forum.vidon.me/index.php?/topic/4...d-winners/
Yes, I got one Rofl

I'll let you know how it performs as soon as I receive the box Big Grin
(2014-08-01, 10:38)d1dd1 Wrote: Yes, I got one Rofl

Congratulations!
For $49, I'll try it. When is it available?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-08-01, 10:38)d1dd1 Wrote: Yes, I got one Rofl

Where did you order it from and how much including shipping?
We sent some boxes for free, he is one of the lucky guys.
I got the box yesterday.
Sadly it is absolutly unusable. Obviously the box has thermal issues.
It begins stuttering after a few minutes of browsing or running XBMC and then it freezes completly. I need to pull the power cord, wait a few minutes, replug and boot again.

Because of this I was unable to test any playback.

The XBMC is a modified Frodo version which requires Vidon.me Login at first start. Also the box itself can only be used with a vidon.me account which needs to be setup on first boot.

The IR remote is absolutly unusable, as you have to be near the box and aim exactly. CEC does not work.
I can't use my MELE F10 remote in the Vidon GUI does not accept mouse clicks. Everywhere else the Mele works as expected.

The only good point for now: I got it for free.
Expecting mine this week; will test and report back, namely 3D ISO's, high bitrate playback over wired SMB/NFS, and HD audio bitstreaming.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Good evening,
I just wanted to tell you about my negative experience with vidon.me.
On 29/09/2014 I purchased a vidon box, thanks to the reservation made ten days before, on the day of purchase, the team from the forum announced that in anticipation for the China National Day units will not be shipped before 07.10 /2014.In date 09/10/2014 I try to check at what point is my shipment but still nothing no track number, try to look on the forum if anyone knows anything and strangely appears a news story that says "vidon Box Shipments Change Notice" which tell us that there are problems with certain shipments and someone could get the vidon box in the month of november.A today my vidon box is still in preparation for the ship.A bad experience, and especially a lack of seriousness that does not help as the figure for the xbmc team for having chosen as a sponsor.Today I asked for a refund and no one answered me, congraturation vidon.me,problem with ship and problem with hardware great start.Sorry for my bad english I have use google translate.
Hi, dreamers
I saw your post on VidOn.me Forum and replied you.
You bought the box on Sep. 29, and on our website it says the box will be shipped out in 7 days, but due to the China National Day, people in China all have a 7 days holiday, so after we back to work, we began to deal with the shipment. Your box was shipped out on Oct. 10, and because our logistic encountered some problem due to HongKong's matter (somebody knows what happened), so we immediately switched to use China Post to ship the boxes which was sold on Sep. 29, that means the shipment of your box was not affected or delay.
And today is Oct. 15, only 5 days past since your box began to ship, so please be patient, we need at lease 7 - 15 days to ship the box, you can find the words on our website.
Because your box is on its way, so refund option is temporarily unavailable.

Thanks for your understanding!
(2014-10-14, 14:43)d1dd1 Wrote: I got the box yesterday.
Sadly it is absolutly unusable. Obviously the box has thermal issues.
It begins stuttering after a few minutes of browsing or running XBMC and then it freezes completly. I need to pull the power cord, wait a few minutes, replug and boot again.

Because of this I was unable to test any playback.

The XBMC is a modified Frodo version which requires Vidon.me Login at first start. Also the box itself can only be used with a vidon.me account which needs to be setup on first boot.

The IR remote is absolutly unusable, as you have to be near the box and aim exactly. CEC does not work.
I can't use my MELE F10 remote in the Vidon GUI does not accept mouse clicks. Everywhere else the Mele works as expected.

The only good point for now: I got it for free.

I was really hoping this will be the Android Xbmc device to buy..
With all this issues, i don't know anymore..
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vidon's new box2