OMG how to display Thai subtitles
Can anyone direct me as to how I go about actually displaying Thai characters for Thai subtitles?

I'm using Gotham 13.1 and latest ACE theme.
I'm sure it must be some system font issue and have tried setting a Thai font in the Subtitles setting but all I get are square blocks being dusplayed.

Does anyone have a clue because my clues have run out Smile

Thanks
Martin
Well you have a couple things to work through. I know nothing about Thai, but it appears most likely that the subtitle file you use is either going to be encoded in 8 bit format using the TIS-620 encoding, or in multi-byte UTF-8 encoding. UTF-8 encoded subtitles should work OK, but I think for any 8 bit encoding you need to tell XBMC what encoding to use via the subtitle settings menus (in Gotham I see an option for Thai (WIndows)).

Regardless, the skin fonts need a representation of the Thai characters, and Ace skin does not have these so you get boxes for the missing characters. Try using Confluence with the Arial font.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
not an answer :/
I actually eventually tracked it all down and is working for me

Bear in mind I am using OpenElec here so apologies if this doesn't work for another installation.

Download arialuni.ttf from http://sourceforge.net/projects/allfonts...rce=navbar

For OpenElec:
Copy to /storage/.kodi/media/Fonts

Change subtitle font for System in Settings/Video/Subtitles - Text to use for text subtitles

Note: I found many subtitles listed as Thai language were not actually Thai. This might have been caused by saving in the wrong encoding format. But check you have got a Thai language subtitle each and every time.

Hope this helps you get going. Works for me now and my Thai girlfriends are so happy Smile
Just check this post I've made here with the solution (last post by Jaroulz)

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2417532

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OMG how to display Thai subtitles0