Problems loading advancedsettings.xml for mysql
I use a mysql setup for my xbmc. I currently have 3 windows 7 computers connecting my a mysql 5.1 database on a windows 8 machine. I also have a shared library on an external usb drive connected to an ASUS RT-AC68R. I have a new 13.1 install on the firetv. I loaded repositories and set up my video files and all is well. I pushed over the same advancedsettings.xml that is used on the other devices and xbmc is very slow to start and you cannot exit out of xbmc without restarting the firetv. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There are a few errors in the log file, but I am not sure what they mean.

Link for logs.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=246151
Any ideas on this anyone? I cannot figure this one out.
Give a full log : "12:54:56 T:1527340784 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0."
(2014-07-16, 10:10)bibi Wrote: Give a full log : "12:54:56 T:1527340784 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0."

Here you go, Thank you very much.

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=247717
I'm not seeing any issues in the log. XBMC seems to start up without taking much time, then it was idle for about 12 minutes and nothing happened (or at least nothing was logged), then it was woken up again.
(2014-07-16, 17:09)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not seeing any issues in the log. XBMC seems to start up without taking much time, then it was idle for about 12 minutes and nothing happened (or at least nothing was logged), then it was woken up again.

Ok thank you. Just load very slow. None of my other installations start up that slow and this one did not start slow until I inserted the advancedsettings.xml. Is android just slower to process these kinds of things maybe?
Generally speaking, Android devices are going to be slower than desktop-class HTPCs (x86).
Just wanted to add that I'm having this exact problem with my Fire TV and MySql.

This is the first time I've used Kodi with mysql, so I have no basis for comparison, but the mysql server is also my media server, and it's connected over GbE.

When I say slow, I mean it takes minutes to start. It get's past the Helix splash screen, but it sits on the background of the Confluence skin with no menus or anything else.

It also takes 30 sec. to 1 minute to navigate to a genre or a folder in the library.

It behaves this way on both of my FireTV boxes. I haven't tried it on my Core2Duo OpenElec boxes yet, but I will.

If I remove advancedsettings.xml and use the local library, everything is very fast and behaves as expected.

Any troubleshooting tips?

-Wes[/i]
I had this problem and fixed it.
2183329 (post)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems loading advancedsettings.xml for mysql0