Audio feedback
I used the search function but my results came up flooded with different questions. Therefore I'm trying it the "easy" way.

My setup looks as follows:

Raspberry Pi - HDMI - Samsung F8000 TV
Samsung - Optical cable - Bose Lifestyle system (Settings Samsung TV are set to "external audio - surround") (Bose display reads 5.1)

I have my movies encoded as 1080p with 5.1ch audio. Are these settings enough to use the maximum of the 5.1 encoding or should I do something more? Is there a possibilty to use the most of my audio using a Raspberry Pi or would I be smarted to use another media player?

Thanks in advance!
If the Bose shows 5.1, I expect you are good. You can use a channel check test file to me more sure:
http://www.tfm.ro/win32-projects/test-avi-ac3/

Whether a TV passes through AC3 and/or DTS to optical is down to the TV. Some do, some don't.
Nice test. I'll try it out tonight.
(2014-07-14, 17:40)popcornmix Wrote: Whether a TV passes through AC3 and/or DTS to optical is down to the TV. Some do, some don't.

Agreed, this has nothing to do with the Pi (or any other media player), but whether you're TV will pass the raw PCM stream to the stereo...some TV's actually decode the AC3 and/or DTS stream and then only pass 2.1 audio out it's optical port.
It's the case with my SAMSUNG 46ES6300. There are only 2.1 audio output.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio feedback0