iOS No More Audio (HDMI)
Howdy. I just finished my first HTPC / media center build, and this forum was a great resource.

I have XBMC 13.1 (Gotham) running on an Asus motherboard with AMD PDU and Ceton 4-tuner card, and everything was working great while connected to an old CRT monitor and Logitech speakers via the back panel - playing CDs/DVDs/BDs, ripped CDs/DVDs/BDs, airplay, even remote control (well, that's still a work-in-progress).

Now I'm running tests while hooked up via HDMI to my Sony TV, which is connected via Toslink to my Sony AVR -- airplay still sends pictures and video, but no sound at all (whether part of video or just playing a tune). Other audio from XBMC to the TV and AVR works fine.

I've searched the boards, is there a limitation with airplay over HDMI to a TV then Toslink to an AVR? Or a fix I'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance.
wrong forum (would be windows or linux or whatever os your htpc uses). make sure to disable passthrough in your audio settings - also your setup is not really recommended. Due to licensing issuesyour tv will most likelydeny any passthrough from hdmi to optical. I guess something like this happens for you. (you can try an apple movie trailer - it has the same audio format as airplay - it should fail the same way if my theory is correct).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for the response -- I'll move the post (I wondered if this was the right one) and see what happens.
i can move it if you tell me which operating system you are using...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
moved to windows forum for keeping the history - don't double post next time but just tell us where to move it...
1 - Sorry for dual-posting, I'll let you guys move the thread next time I get it wrong

2 - Fixed - stinking authentication settings.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No More Audio (HDMI)0