Any preconfigured hardware options?
Hi all -

I'm currently running a Windows Media Center system using a Ceton InfiniTV unit that's connected to Comcast using a cablecard. It works okay enough, but doesn't really allow me to use any online services (e.g., Hulu, HBO Go, etc) and it's not really customizable all that much.

I've heard and read great things about XBMC but I'm tired of learning and making new systems and am more in the camp of "just buy a product that someone has already tested and vetted and that will just work." Basically, something that's more like a Tivo in terms of something that's consumer friendly and ready to go out the box with minimal setup.

Are there any vendors (or other people) who sell such preconfigured devices? My main requirement is that it work as a DVR with Comcast (probably through my Ceton InfiniTV device), has a small form factor, and is rock steady in terms of uptime/reliability. Beyond that, I'd love the ability to add online services (e.g., Hulu, etc) and to customize a bit (e.g., commercial skipping, and if possible specifiying user accounts or categories into which to put recorded TV shows).

Thanks in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any preconfigured hardware options?0