New Gotham-buntu install IR remote issues
Hey everyone.

Just installed Gotham on XBMCbuntu 14.04 LTS on a Lenovo Q150 nettop, installed using unetbootin to put the ISO on a flash drive. Atom somethingorother, using x86_64 architecture. Everything works as advertised BUT:

Have a lenovo-branded RC6 MCE remote and USB receiver. Have tested remote and receiver on a Windows machine, works perfectly, so that's not the problem.

Basically, doesn't work at all.

dmesg sees it as:
Code:
[2.892062] usb 4-2: new full-speed USB device number 3 using uhci_hcd
[3.091388] usb 4-2: New USB device found, idVendor=0609, idProduct=0357
[3.091397] usb 4-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[3.091403] usb 4-2: Product: WMC RECEIVER Emulator Device 2009
[3.091408] usb 4-2: Manufacturer: SMK CORPORATION
[3.091413] usb 4-2: SerialNumber: PA110705102736F

but cat /proc/bus/input/devices doesn't show it at all (which would likely explain why lirc isn't seeing it).

Any ideas? It's like the driver isn't installing when it is plugged in, at least that's how I'd describe a similar Windows problem.

I'm comfortable enough in linux to copy stuff off websites and basically understand what the commands are doing, but I don't live in linux so I don't think that way inherently.
Following this guide.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136205
or do yourself a favor and buy a flirc dongle. Works for me out of the box for windows, linux, openelec

And you are able to use EVERY remote you like.

http://flirc.tv/
Why spend money on flirc when you can make it works perfectly in few mins. Also this reciever also works out of the box in windows , openelec . It's just linux that need a little configuration.
It was only a suggestion. I didn´t say, that your way is wrong!

And (in my case) I prefered flirc, as it is plug and play. The next + for flirc is, that you are able to plug the device in any other PC, and it will work with no configuration.

But...hey...two ways to get this solved. Better than only one Wink. So he can make a decision Wink
So got lirc recognizing it as per the link above, and irw shows the right keypresses. I still get doubles though, but at the moment that isn't what concerns me.

Still nothing on the XBMC desktop. XBMCbuntu or RDP (via terminal) and all is peachy - but nothing on the big screen.

Any suggestions?

I did reboot several times to ensure that the device discovery is persistent and that a reboot did not fix the issue. It didn't.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Gotham-buntu install IR remote issues0