Win Assign picture for a submenu or playlist
Hello and sorry again for my poor English.
I wonder if it's possible to assign a picture to a smartplaylist. I have made my own menu with Film, Anim, Cine-Club and Other. In other I have 3 playlists: Documentaries - Cooking and Home Video. When I point on other I have a picture, but the same picture when I point to documentaries, cooking or Home video. It will be great if I can have a different picture for Documentaries, cooking and Home video...
I've tried to add <icon> in the sub menu in the Home_Include (by the way I use Transaprency) but it didn't work.
Can somdody help me ?
Thanks to you.
I see what you want, but these playlists are just a set of code rules, and until you actually click on them, the software doesn't know what they contain. I suppose it might be possible to include a assigned path to an icon or gfx inside the rules, but it would slow the scrolling of the playlists down quiet a bit as the rules would have to be read for each and everyone and graphics would have to load up as you scrolled through perhaps hundreds of listings.

Perhaps a different approach...

using custom sets (which allow for graphics of each set)

or

create individual sources of the select folders in file mode. (with a custom icon)

Creating customized links from the home menu buttons, allows me to specify the playlist in favourites, link them to sub menu's and get into the category quickly with art from each video at page open. I do understand that this is not what you had in mind. It might be possible someday to link custom menu items with graphics, but that day isn't here yet.

P/S/ your English is fine, my spelling is poor along with my eyesight.
Or use a skin like Aeon MQ 5

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=68

This lets you assign playlists as Menu Items.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Assign picture for a submenu or playlist0