Android Video playback not full screen
(2015-07-15, 22:10)Jpmathers Wrote: Hi I had a similar problem but my video was massive just showing the top left quarter of the picture. Is what you've done a quick fix ? or is that a proper fix

This was already stated. I'm getting a little tired of repeating myself:

(2015-07-15, 06:39)Ned Scott Wrote: If the firmware you have is up to date then it should be a real solution, as MediaCodec can replace Amlogic codec completely. From what I'm told, once all the bugs are worked out, there will only be MediaCodec for Android.
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I hope I can contribute to this great forum.

I myself got an MXV box with an Amlogic S805 chipset and it does the same problem in Kodi version 15.
The box was pre-installed with version 14.2 and the problem would not happen in this version.

Besides disabling the amlogic codec hardware acceleration, the problem also goes away by setting the TV box to 720p instead of auto detect/1020p.

As I am pretty new to this, can someone explain to me if disabling the amlogic codec would cause problems in video playback? I did a brief test with and without it enabled and I did not notice a difference. Your thoughts?

Thank you for the help
Costa
(2015-07-15, 06:35)NaturalCory Wrote: (system->settings->video acceleration - in advanced view)
disable amcodec

This isn't really a solution to the problem but it mades it work

This worked for me on a T8 although I went to "expert" view.
This seems to be a very common problem with v15 and it might be useful to have it posted as a "sticky" quick fix and save a lot of people getting frantic.
Maybe there is such a section but I am new and have yet to find it Confused
I have similar issues, I have my Kodi installed on a Minix box, I can go Full screen, I looked it up and everything points to the Video setting but from some reason I don't have all those options?? Not pixels, not the True full screen and many more ...?
How do add them? or is there another way to get there?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback not full screen0